Idiots and fireworks.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Well we normally shoot some stuff off for the kids in our parking lot but we had a hell of a week so we closed for the day and went home. But don't want to disturb the peace out in the country or the dogs, or the horses next door so I found these... supposed to be no noise! And some sparklers. The prices sure went up this year... your looking at 50$ 🤯

View attachment 21260
These were NOT worth $50! The sparklers actually lasted longer then either of them. Oh well, the girls enjoyed them.

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
The fireworks display scheduled by my local village was cancelled, on account of what happened 5 miles away in Highland Park. At the time of cancellation, the suspect was on the run, and the village decided it wouldn't be a good idea to have crowds of people about. I cannot say that I blame them. So, although I heard them in the distance, the 11PM lightning storm startled the pets more than any distant booms.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
#1 Blackberry, #2 apple then Strawberry rhubarb pie, cherry pie is at the bottom of the list bellow everything else!

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Lots of noise in a city where ALL fireworks are banned. The noise doesn't scare my dog, but he did run to the patio door after every big boom to go look for the Pheasant that fell . . .

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
We just got 60# of cherries, split 30 each Bing and Rainier.
Made cherry sauce with some Bing over the 4th for use over ice cream, and been eating the Rainiers by the handful.
Dehydrated a bunch of both, and the pies are next.
Cherry season is a favorite for sure.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
So, cops actually showed up last night and shut down several in the neighborhood, but they didn't get the horse farm or the homestead on the northern end of the development . those azzholes kept at it until after 4 am. today was a looong day for us at work.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
So, cops actually showed up last night and shut down several in the neighborhood, but they didn't get the horse farm or the homestead on the northern end of the development . those azzholes kept at it until after 4 am. today was a looong day for us at work.
The morning meeting, everyone seemed to be a step behind today. 😉

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
My Rainier cherry pie would change your list.
Maybe from last to second to last but good luck with that!

My mom makes the best pies I've ever had, the wild native Blackberrys were plentiful where I grew up. There is nothing better than warm slice of blackberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Except that one time I had 2 peices at a diner on the bus ride home from centarl CA after a 3 week backpacking trip eating nothing but dehydrated food. Not a good decision LOL, but I was only 15 at the time!

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Blackberries are good, and bing cherry pie is ok, but if you like the tart sweetness of strawberry/rhubarb, Rainier pie rocks.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Maybe from last to second to last but good luck with that!

My mom makes the best pies I've ever had, the wild native Blackberrys were plentiful where I grew up. There is nothing better than warm slice of blackberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Except that one time I had 2 peices at a diner on the bus ride home from centarl CA after a 3 week backpacking trip eating nothing but dehydrated food. Not a good decision LOL, but I was only 15 at the time!
Wild blackberry pie is the best! We still have too many in the freezer so I have boycotted traveling to Western Washington to pick the wild natives for the last few years. Our back yard berries from my wife’s aunt’s house in Gig Harbor (I’m told Olallie berries) produced about a gallon and a half. I’ll probably have to go next year.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Wild blackberry pie is the best! We still have too many in the freezer so I have boycotted traveling to Western Washington to pick the wild natives for the last few years. Our back yard berries from my wife’s aunt’s house in Gig Harbor (I’m told Olallie berries) produced about a gallon and a half. I’ll probably have to go next year.
Wild blackberries - the little ones, not the invasive Himlayas. Yes - I'd even trade strawberry rhubarb for those little blackberries. I never thought of Rainier cherry pie, must try! Heavenly thread drift.