Idiots and fireworks.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I thought the greenies and forest managers say…”forest fires are good for the forests…it’s natural and we should let them burn.”

Sounds good to me… 🤦🏼‍♂️jk

As for fireworks, light ‘em if ya got ‘em.
But use some common sense and light ‘em at the appropriate time and setting.

They have been going off for three days now…tonight will be Little Beirut. 😳
The bombing hour is upon us…
Hunkered down in the bunker.
Then to sleep…

Have a great rest of your week… 😁

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
It’s getting dark. Shrapnel is already flying.
Protection is needed. What say you.
Kenny Powers or Macho Man Savage?
SF

8C48576B-25C2-4638-AF01-B5FEE1BB1573.jpeg06841EB3-42FE-420E-B906-94F7C5C61B1F.jpeg

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm finding a direct correlation with financial instability and meager IQ numbers to be directly proportional to the amount of fireworks one has. The morons down the way have an arsenal a mountain of debt and intelligence to rival some lower primates. You should see these idiots. Every now and then they scream with primal delight and I'm like was that a hand? One can only hope. They seem to be enjoying themselves. God knows they don't have to worry about work in the morning.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This is the first 4th I haven't worked nightshift in years. The nice older "family" neighborhood where rental we're staying in is, has turned into freaking Eastern Ukraine. Not just a shell here and there - non fucking stop on all sides AND at close range. I get it. Hell, I used to get into my dad's reloading stuff to "experiment" (still have all my fingers). But JFC, this is nuts. Our small dog is on the edge of a seizure trying to crawl under the wife's pillow, and we both have to be AT work before 6AM.

This shit kept going intermittently til at least midnight. Oh, they're finally done ... drifting off .... BOOM! Now up after maybe 4 and a half hours of sleep, getting ready for work, and JUST heard another one at 5AM.! Today is going to suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: NRC

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
This is the first 4th I haven't worked nightshift in years. The nice older "family" neighborhood where rental we're staying in is, has turned into freaking Eastern Ukraine. Not just a shell here and there - non fucking stop on all sides AND at close range. I get it. Hell, I used to get into my dad's reloading stuff to "experiment" (still have all my fingers). But JFC, this is nuts. Our small dog is on the edge of a seizure trying to crawl under the wife's pillow, and we both have to be AT work before 6AM.

This shit kept going intermittently til at least midnight. Oh, they're finally done ... drifting off .... BOOM! Now up after maybe 4 and a half hours of sleep, getting ready for work, and JUST heard another one at 5AM.! Today is going to suck.
The “rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air” didn’t disappoint in Little Beirut.
I sleep with a dvd looping, usually with some sort of warfare going - bombs and gunfire - to sleep thru the night.
I slept like a baby last night.
I live about a mile from a train switching yard; if it’s not the early a.m. Amtrak or several long cargo trains, it’s the switching engine that wakes me from a dead sleep.
I found war movies to not be normal, every day sounds.
I’ve looped movies that have a lot of talking that seem to wake me up.
Movies with great music also help me to sleep.

Reactions: BCO

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

Joey Chestnut wins his 15th hotdog eating contest on crutches, and... he chokes out a protester at the same time. Real fireworks!

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I have three households on my street inhabited by immigrants from Poland. The heads of each family being long haul truckers they managed to gathe fireworks from across the country. In the true spirit of American excess they put on a show better than what I have paid money to see in the past. Having just fixed my riding mower yesterday I'll be out there chopping up the shrapnel today.

The dog hated every agonizing minute of yesterday and spent the day cowering at our feet while we fed her treats with drugs and generally trying to keep her calm. Today when I took her out into the stillness of early morning she took the most massive shit I have ever seen - twice! Next year might kill her.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I have three households on my street inhabited by immigrants from Poland. The heads of each family being long haul truckers they managed to gathe fireworks from across the country. In the true spirit of American excess they put on a show better than what I have paid money to see in the past. Having just fixed my riding mower yesterday I'll be out there chopping up the shrapnel today.

The dog hated every agonizing minute of yesterday and spent the day cowering at our feet while we fed her treats with drugs and generally trying to keep her calm. Today when I took her out into the stillness of early morning she took the most massive shit I have ever seen - twice! Next year might kill her.
Be a good neighbor…
Video tape their show and the yard aftermath, turn them in…I’m sure there are littering and pyro law infractions. 😉

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
If the noise didn't freak out our dog as it does, it wouldn't bother me so much. However, last night some aHole set off a dozen very noisy explosive devices at 2:30 in the morning ! July 4th was officially over at midnight so what were the fools doing waiting until 2:30 in the morning to launch their works of fire?

THAT did pissed me off.

kerrys

Ignored Member
It was quite the show in the hills above Sedro Woolley last night. Maybe a little less then past years. The dogs were nervous. I give them doggy downers. I turn on a couple box fans to help with the noise and ramp up the stereo. Reggae and classic rock seem to be their favorite or maybe it’s mine. Either way the music helps.

Someone down the road might have got hurt. Seen an aid car and an ambulance. Didn’t seem to slow down the fireworks show.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Here in Butte, it was relatively quiet in the day time. Till just about 6 pm till a clap of thunder went off that sounded like a bomb went off. That seemed to get the fireworks going. WWIII it sounded like last night. I think I fell asleep about 11pm. Wole up at 5am like usual. I just hope they are all done with making noise. But that's just wishful thinking.