Idiots and fireworks.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Wild blackberries - the little ones, not the invasive Himlayas. Yes - I'd even trade strawberry rhubarb for those little blackberries. I never thought of Rainier cherry pie, must try! Heavenly thread drift.
Those dewberries are really really good but my favorite native wild berry is thimbleberry. They are so soft though I don’t think they’d be best for pie but I bet it would taste good, might just not hold up. Anyone ever done this or seen it done?

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Apparently July 5th celebrates getting too jrunk on the 4th to get through all the illegal fireworks you bought.

Half marionberry, half blackberry pie for the win.

And if you happen to be passing through hood river in the next few months find some time to stop at Solstice for a brick oven cherry girl pizza. Local dehydrated cherries with chorizo. Can’t go wrong.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I often ask for cobbler when the waitperson asks if we want dessert, just to mess with them. Once in a Blue Moon though…
I make simple cobblers occasionally.
Was out on Lake Union for the show last night. Missed last year of course but have gone out the previous ten or so years. Liz and the girls love it. I go to manage the boat mostly (it’s a zoo out there), but the shows are usually pretty good.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Next year I will adjust the timing of my fishing/camping trip to stay in camp through the 5th or 6th. It was so quiet at camp and I slept great only to come home to a war zone.

Don't want to be a curmudgeon and ruin other people's fun but I'll just stay away as it is so annoying and keeps me up.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So, cops actually showed up last night and shut down several in the neighborhood, but they didn't get the horse farm or the homestead on the northern end of the development . those azzholes kept at it until after 4 am. today was a looong day for us at work.

The morons are still at it last night. They start around eleven. That government check really goes pretty far. I'm impressed being they have such a large brood this year of larvae.

Last edited:

kerrys

Ignored Member
The morons are still at it last night. They start around eleven. That government check really goes pretty far. I'm impressed being they have such a large brood this year of larvae.
The hills above Sedro Woolley were alive with fireworks last night. Amazing how much of the contraband these idiots have in their possession.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
It was quiet in Butte last night. I went to bed art 10 pm and went right to sleep. No noise is fine.

cdnred

Life of the Party
Apparently July 5th celebrates getting too jrunk on the 4th to get through all the illegal fireworks you bought.

Half marionberry, half blackberry pie for the win.

And if you happen to be passing through hood river in the next few months find some time to stop at Solstice for a brick oven cherry girl pizza. Local dehydrated cherries with chorizo. Can’t go wrong.
Might be a winner, never heard about the "brick oven cherry girl pizza". Will have to give that a try..

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I never minded a reasonable amount of fireworks on the 4th. Then I bought a house across the water and about 5 miles as the crow flies from Suquamish land and the 4-5 fireworks stands that dot SR 305 between Bainbridge Island and Poulsbo. Now I start hearing them on Memorial Day and they end New Year’s.

I really detest fireworks nowadays :).

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
About the time I left Suquamish, I was down at the “slab” around the 4th, adults, teens and barely walkers by the dozens. Many tossing firecrackers behind them not even looking. I decided to leave the scene before the catastrophe hit.

Triploidjunkie

Life of the Party
My neighbors do this every year. And they buy enough to randomly do it at drunken parties throughout the year. Yet when I had my roof resurfaced, she had the nerve to give me shit because they started at 7:30 in the morning. She called me an asshole, which is probably true, but I found it ironic anyway.
When I had my construction company, if we were working in town, the ordinance said quite time was 10-7. Our equipment fired up at 7:01 everyday. The only people that got pissed were the people who partied and kept the whole neighborhood up all night. Everyone else had jobs, too, and didn't notice.

cdnred

Life of the Party
"Country Girl" is the pizza with cherries on it. It's our go to at Solstice.
Gotcha, that's at the Solstice Wood Fire Pizza - Cafe & Bar in Hood River..? I use to live/work in Washington state but since relocated/retired back to Ontario, Canada but luv the area, looking forward to returning for vacation. I'll have to make a point of stopping in there. I assume the pizza with cherries on it is a seasonal offering only..

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Gotcha, that's at the Solstice Wood Fire Pizza - Cafe & Bar in Hood River..? I use to live/work in Washington state but since relocated/retired back to Ontario, Canada but luv the area, looking forward to returning for vacation. I'll have to make a point of stopping in there. I assume the pizza with cherries on it is a seasonal offering only..
Not if their dried (y)

Edit: I'm just assuming they are dried, one of our favorite pizzas in the area has dried figs which is awsome.

Last edited:

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Vancouver city limits outlawed fireworks period. Greatest thing that is. Yet still heard some that night. Read there were 700 plus complaints reported county wide. The fireworks at the fort did not happen for various reasons. I went in 76 to the fort for the big ones a bunch of times . The tone for me was set by some 4th events though and it effected my attitude because of effing crazy stupid drunk people. In 76 my wife and I were down close by the gazebos when you could get front row spots. Damn teenage kids . One threw a kfirecracker under some grandmas lawn chair and damn near scared her to death. That was upsetting. She was having discomfort and a group of us got the emerg folks attention to help her as the police were having a talk with the teen and his less than happy looking entourage. Another event years later when the whole large gov mandated apartment complex lined up with chairs and a sheet ton of fireworks that i found strange for the dozens of low income folks to afford. Couldn’t feed their kids well but sure as hell could buy hundreds of fireworks… this was 50’ fom my front door every effing year for 34 years i owned that place. Me in the front yard with my hose to spray down everything, smoldering fireworks on my roof… the next day did these turds clean up the street? Nope. It was my July 5th regimen. I did not yell at the clouds. There were more events over the years. I am not a fireworks fan at all. I used to enjoy the fourth at the fort though . The big one.