Dudes caught cheating in a fishing tournament

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
This seems like amateur hour compared to the bass tourney guys a few years ago who were catching big fish elsewhere, then pinning them up in the tourny lake to recover the day of the competition.
Now that takes real commitment to douchebaggery

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
This seems like amateur hour compared to the bass tourney guys a few years ago who were catching big fish elsewhere, then pinning them up in the tourny lake to recover the day of the competition.

Pretty light sentence... why were they not charged with fraud?

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter

Really interesting how they were able to prove it though!

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Not really surprised. If there's an option to cheat to gain an edge someone will try it. I'll bet the sponsors are thrilled. :D

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The amount of outrage is awesome. Grown men dressing like their NASCAR heroes to catch a fish that fights as good as a burlap sack only smaller in fancy boats. They have to be drinking right? I mean I couldn't do it unless I was drunk.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I remember a long, long time ago at the HIBT in Kona a big marlin was hoisted to be weighed…and a decent sized tuna slid out of his mouth. It was just enough weight to lose first place…