Dudes caught cheating in a fishing tournament

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
This is so great
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I just don't understand. How can a person sleep at night knowing what they did? The lack of moral character is disturbing. I couldn't even bring myself to sign up for an amateur triathlon after the doctor gave me HGH in '08 after my heat stroke because I couldn't recover from a workout. Honestly, I would of liked an edge on the retired pro's who kept beating me, but there would be no way I could look at my friends I raced every week.
Edit: I guess I understand, when I was drinking I didn't care about anything or anybody. I was just barely existing as a biological being, and animals in nature do whatever is necessary to succeed and survive. Having had a spiritual awakening I look at things differently today.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Did they catch all those fish on 1 pc bamboo rods and old Hardy reels?

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
The walleye version of Mike Hart?

@Tom Butler - cheaters gonna cheat. There used to be a salmon derby in Port Angeles where first prize was a new salmon fishing boat, maybe even a truck......... big prizes. One year the heaviest fish drew some concern (no one saw the fishing being fought and caught) and upon "forensic" investigation, they found the fish had been frozen. If memory serves, it was Alaska caught.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
And I thought, the video of a scorned Walmart employee announcing (over the intercom) what POS her Manager is…when she found out, he was also screwing her co-worker, was priceless.

Redneck Heaven.

Happy Sunday Morning. 😁

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
9 out of 10 fishermen will cheat on their wives before cheating in a fishing derby.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I'll never understand that mindset and how people can feel good about themselves knowing they didn't win because of their angling skill....besides the obvious, money. Still don't understand the mindset regardless.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Last edited:

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Walleye fillets and lead weights? How trashy are these people?! Where's the artificial intelligence and anal beads?
Well, they had to get the weights in the fish somehow.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Crazy how the guy is just standing there frozen. I am surprised there wasn't an ass kicking.

I come across a lot of tournament guys bass fishing. Not a lot of them seem like they are having fun.
Tournament fishing isn't about fun. It's about accomplishment. Standing waist deep in a freezing river chucking weighted flies and sink tips for days on end without a grab isn't fun either but when you catch a fish the accomplishment makes the misery worth it, at least it's supposed to.

Years ago I did a week long wilderness float down the Babine for steelhead, it wasn't fun at all but there was a lot of sense of accomplishment.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Tournament fishing isn't about fun. It's about accomplishment.
I'll have to ask my neighbor about the "fun" part of it. Whenever we've talked about tourney fishing, I've gotten the impression he enjoys it (he and his dad partner in tourney fishing). A former colleague of mine decided he'd fish for pike minnow as a second job. Max loved fishing but one day came to me and said "Pat, don't make the mistake of fishing for money, it becomes a job" (meaning, I suppose, fishing loses it's fun factor?).

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Thought about posting when it made the local news last night, but figured it would get around either way. Only in Ohio.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I'll have to ask my neighbor about the "fun" part of it. Whenever we've talked about tourney fishing, I've gotten the impression he enjoys it (he and his dad partner in tourney fishing). A former colleague of mine decided he'd fish for pike minnow as a second job. Max loved fishing but one day came to me and said "Pat, don't make the mistake of fishing for money, it becomes a job" (meaning, I suppose, fishing loses it's fun factor?).
I enjoyed bass tournament fishing. Most of the time. When I didn't enjoy it was when I was unable to figure out what the fish were doing..