NFR Do you believe?

Non-fishing related

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Travel through worm holes? Perhaps.
I believe we are witnessing anomalies which occur in a dimension humans don’t live in and only occasionally witness.
Why do so many experts and well respected people put their reputations on the line while coming clean?
Who built the great pyramid at Giza? How?
And why at Baalbek Lebanon did the people use such huge (really huge) megalithic stones for construction?
Too many questions that don’t jive with the mainstream theories
And how did the ancient Dogon people in Africa know that Sirius B is a binary star system, when it is impossible to tell that with the naked eye?

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How about the ancient imagery of Asians, Africans, Middle Easterners and other ethnicities in South America?

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I know there are aliens in my town. There just can’t be that many stupid people who can’t drive and still be human. 😳😉😁

Technically speaking, FTL (faster than light) travel is not impossible, Einstein's equation just states than any object with mass cannot be accelerated to lightspeed as that would take an infinite amount of energy. Speculation has it that you could surround a ship with a spacetime bubble but no one has a clue as to how to get it started let alone how to stop it once you got it going.

Next, we'll discuss how there will never be teleportation devices.😉

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Technically speaking, FTL (faster than light) travel is not impossible, Einstein's equation just states than any object with mass cannot be accelerated to lightspeed as that would take an infinite amount of energy. Speculation has it that you could surround a ship with a spacetime bubble but no one has a clue as to how to get it started let alone how to stop it once you got it going.

FTL is theoretically possible ... if there is such a thing as "negative mass", and it can controlled. Not holding my breath.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I wonder what the skeptics and jokers will say when the truth finally comes out.
We are being prepped for an upcoming disclosure event.
You might think I’m nuts

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
I wonder what the skeptics and jokers will say when the truth finally comes out.
We are being prepped for an upcoming disclosure event.
You might think I’m nuts
I’ll say, “huh, looks like I was wrong.” Wouldn’t be the first time, won’t be the last.

Occam’s Razor puts me in the camp of believing there is plenty of intelligent life out there, but that physics as we know it rules out FTL travel. Plus, even if it’s possible, the energy requirements are likely to be so high to make it infeasible and/or not economical to pursue.

Less rationally, the idea of aliens is creepy and weird, and I’d be happier if they stayed very far away.

That said, I’m a huge sci fi nerd, and there are some really interesting ways to frame contact with aliens.

In The Expanse books and series, an alien race sends a bioengineered materials on asteroids to colonize distant systems and build wormhole gates. And the wormholes have their own issues.

In David Brin’s Uplift series, advanced alien races genetically engineer other alien races to sentience, and the newly discovered humans are in a grey area where some want to improve us.

Sorry for the diversion into fiction, as this thread started from “it might not be fiction after all”

BriGuy

Life of the Party

A flux capacitor, of course!

C'mon, you knew someone was going to say it.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
In my opinion, the universe is too big for our planet to be the only one with sentient life. Heck, even our own planet is apparently too big for humanity to be the only sentient life. The laws of physics, though, seem to preclude the routine visitation of our planet by those from other systems and galaxies--especially in the manner so often claimed.

I’ve always been curious, though, about the kind of hyper-intelligent, super-advanced, trans-galactic species that would develop such technology just to "covertly" visit our planet, fly around poorly, and shove things up the asses of folks in flyover states.

Last edited:

BriGuy

Life of the Party
If aliens have visited us then surely they are much more intelligent than we are. Given this, the aliens would either:
  • Know to stay the hell away from us, or
  • Consider us a non-organically raised food source.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
In my opinion, the universe is too big for our planet to be the only one with sentient life. Heck, even our own planet is apparently too big for humanity to be the only sentient life. The laws of physics, though, seem to preclude the routine visitation of our planet by those from other systems and galaxies--especially in the manner so often claimed.

I’ve always been curious, though, about the kind of hyper-intelligent, super-advanced, trans-galactic species that would develop such technology just to "covertly" visit our planet, fly around poorly, and shove things up the asses of folks in flyover states.
Laws of physics that our species developed and somewhat understand.
These are the only laws we know but there are others we don’t understand I’m certain

...they came for the beef.😆😉

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
If aliens have visited us then surely they are much more intelligent than we are. Given this, the aliens would either:
  • Know to stay the hell away from us, or
  • Consider us a non-organically raised food source.
I tend to think they'd look at us much the way we regard a honey bee hive in the back of the yard. An interesting thing to keep an eye on, but with the understanding that if it starts to cause problems, or we want to use that part of the yard, a quick shot of Raid will take care of it