NFR Do you believe?

Non-fishing related

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
The midget I can understand. Same with the Morgan and Ariel atom. It's Minis, Cortina's, etc., not so much. Too small for a 6 ft or over man to drive comfortably. ( had a 64 opel Kadet L as a kid and it was a squeeze) .

Anyway, we cant be the only life anywhere. Too think otherwise, welll.....

Enceladus is promising . Might find microbes, bacteria, and who knows? maybe space faring tardigrades like in star trek discovery ?
Or phoebe, which is a captured interstellar object

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Because of the width of Roman chariot wheels carving ruts in the road. That measurement became the standard. Also the narrowness of European streets (again the chariots). Environment determined the size.
Another diversion, sorry.
My younger brother told me when driving an Armored Cav Scout tracked vehicle in Germany during the early 1970s, that covoys were ordered to drive down the center of the narrow German roads. But when there was an oncoming civilian
"(com)rad" vehicle they had to move over into their own lane to avoid accidents, and injuries or fatalities to local civilians. But the tanks and other tracked vehicles were wider than one lane, that were closely bordered by trees, utility poles, and stone walls. He said the convoys couldn't stop (quickly) so there was damage to whatever was bordering the road. The government and property owners would put in claims. One year, "USAREUR responded to thirty-six thousand claims for compensation from German citizens. Most of the payments that resulted, amounting to more than $5 million, had to come from the command’s training budget", which of course the US taxpayers ultimately funded.
Back to
ALIENS

Last edited:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Early 70's, for way cheap, picked up a Hillman Minx convertible for my gal...had more damn fun with that car...coming back from weekend concerts at the Avalon Ballrom or Fillmore West, top down, still buzzin...pretty sure we saw aliens more than once :)
A friend of mine drove one of those off the end of a pier in Scotland for a yard of beer.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Another diversion, sorry.
My younger brother told me when driving an Armored Cav Scout tracked vehicle in Germany during the early 1970s, that covoys were ordered to drive down the center of the narrow German roads. But when there was an oncoming civilian
"(com)rad" vehicle they had to move over into their own lane to avoid accidents, and injuries or fatalities to local civilians. But the tanks and other tracked vehicles were wider than one lane, that were closely bordered by trees, utility poles, and stone walls. He said the convoys couldn't stop (quickly) so there was damage to whatever was bordering the road. The government and property owners would put in claims. One year, "USAREUR responded to thirty-six thousand claims for compensation from German citizens. Most of the payments that resulted, amounting to more than $5 million, had to come from the command’s training budget", which of course the US taxpayers ultimately funded.
Back to
ALIENS
That's actually a truism. We had maneuver damage control teams in place to handle the claims.

Tear up a rock wall or cobblestone street, pretty common. We paid for replacement.

Tear up a farmers field the US Taxpayers ended up paying for about 2 years of missed crop yields.

Tear up a tree farm/ nursery, your career was over.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
247888871_2886769841583967_8829820404875468402_n.jpg

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
The government decided they wouldn't use the term "UFO" because it is associated with "little green men". So they came up with their own three letter reference. We've called them UFOs for decades but now they are supposed to be called UAPs (unidentified aerial phenomena).

I was watching an episode of Skin Walker Ranch and one of the guest government researchers had came up with the official term of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena for use when describing ... well, a UFO.
In an effort to wipe away anything gender specific, in our world, man-holes are now being labeled maintenance-holes. 😳

Last edited:

Flymph

Steelhead
Interesting that these lawmakers are asking questions they should already know the answers to??? Administrative Terrorists was an appropriate term cited.

No human could withstand o to mach+ tells me these UFOs, UAPs, etc. were very large drones.