NFR Do you believe?

Non-fishing related

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I think there are maybe certain things worth risking losing a life over.
Obviously the basics of saving others and such.
But I'd think catching aliens is worth maybe dying over, pretty exotic way to go.

Thank God they blanked out the back yard, but not the private property front yard.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The investigation seems like it was handled by Encyclopedia Brown.

Juvenile at best.

JACKspASS

Steelhead
Unicorns, Bigfoot, non collection facility small stream hatchery steelhead, and ufo's....

You have to have a mental illness to pursue any of them, but yeah, I believe

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
My wife and I started watching X-Files, from the very beginning. We have 25 years of TV ahead of us. Great show. I never realized how annoying Scully is, though, until now.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
While living in Yakima, my family witnessed some strange light activity in the night sky that in no way could have been conventional aircraft ... three of them, of different colors, met up and hovered, then shot off in different direction faster than humanly possible.

I'm not a member of the flat earth society nor believe the universe revolves around planet earth so I do believe we are not the only life forms in the universe or even our galaxy .... it is far too large to believe we are the only creatures of our kind. The odds are against it.

Do I believe the above story? I need to go with Scully on this one.

BDD

Steelhead
Couple of things seemed odd to me with this story. Nobody who saw the things took video or even a picture with a phone? And nobody discussed how long they were there and if they saw them leave and how?

Trout Trekker

Steelhead
Having lived in the Vegas area for a few years, this doesn't surprise me.
Take a couple of dozen drives at night north of Vegas on 95 or 93 and sooner or later you'll see something that might get your imagination stirring.
Lots of night ops training out there, lots of other things / technologies / drones / other equipment being tested or developed that doesn't exist yet, as far as we know.
So, somebody was testing something, and it landed where it shouldn't have and took off again before anybody recorded it, the rest is imagination mixed with excitement.

Last edited:

PhilR

Whale Shark
Forum Supporter
There's always a relevant xkcd

1686326790802.png

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
If you hear something slapping your house, you’ll know they are real. Could be Bigfoot, gnomes or possibly other things.
SF