NFR Do you believe?

Non-fishing related

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Gosh, this thread brought back a memory. 12 years oldish on long car road trips, trying to sleep in the back seat but my parents are listening to this Art Bell guy on the radio. Scared the complete shit out of me. Would talk about aliens, chupakabras and shit. Just a poor freaken kid sleeping through Kansas dreaming of being abducted. You know how hard it is to take a piss in the dark in the middle of no where when you got that shit on your mind?

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Okay, since you started it...

A little more diversion, but it is weird, alien, and involves an ancient Galaxie. Watch as it gobbles up much smaller Lotuses, Mini Coopers, and Jags while breaking many laws of physics at the Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of years ago:

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-...m-last-to-third--tordoff-hustles-the-galaxie/
That was fun to watch. He did a great job moving through the field.

Never understood the British fascination with tiny cars.

To hear them describe what was considered a mid size car during its time as huge kind of rankles a bit, though.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Never understood the British fascination with tiny cars.
Go kart like handling, and you can park 'em just about anywhere. Just driving one will put a smile on your face.
index.php

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Go kart like handling, and you can park 'em just about anywhere. Just driving one will put a smile on your face.
index.php
The midget I can understand. Same with the Morgan and Ariel atom. It's Minis, Cortina's, etc., not so much. Too small for a 6 ft or over man to drive comfortably. ( had a 64 opel Kadet L as a kid and it was a squeeze) .

Anyway, we cant be the only life anywhere. Too think otherwise, welll.....

Enceladus is promising . Might find microbes, bacteria, and who knows? maybe space faring tardigrades like in star trek discovery ?

BriGuy

Life of the Party
I still can't quite wrap my head around what's going on in this thread.
The aliens steal our attention spans. That's why they kidnap and probe us.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
The midget I can understand. Same with the Morgan and Ariel atom. It's Minis, Cortina's, etc., not so much. Too small for a 6 ft or over man to drive comfortably. ( had a 64 opel Kadet L as a kid and it was a squeeze) .
Early 70's, for way cheap, picked up a Hillman Minx convertible for my gal...had more damn fun with that car...coming back from weekend concerts at the Avalon Ballrom or Fillmore West, top down, still buzzin...pretty sure we saw aliens more than once :)

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Because of the width of Roman chariot wheels carving ruts in the road. That measurement became the standard. Also the narrowness of European streets (again the chariots). Environment determined the size.
as amply demonstrated when Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear drove his new Ford GT 40 into London for the first time and ended up with the tires wedged curb to curb on a one way street...

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
as amply demonstrated when Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear drove his new Ford GT 40 into London for the first time and ended up with the tires wedged curb to curb on a one way street...
Clarksons' such a turd he's great. Loved watching those guys.