Deals at online Retailers

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Ha ha, I'd pull the trigger, but I'm dreaming of the 8'8" someday. Not a Melfa outfit is it?
1697035818132.png

nwbobber

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Massive Sale. New 2h Burkies for $239, new Watermasters for 80% off etc.

This is probably a scam to steal your credit card info, and I’m sure it’s not affiliated with the actual Red's. I just thought it was funny how ridiculous the prices and web layout were.
Too good to be true. The other redsflyfishing does not have such killer deals. I would be careful.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I came very close to buying stuff there just now, but that is most definitely a scam site posing as reds. Mods may want to delete that post to avoid people with hot trigger fingers like myself from being scammed.

Typically I subscribe to the concept of caveat emptor, and I did post a warning, but I moved it to the top.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
This is probably a scam to steal your credit card info, and I’m sure it’s not affiliated with the actual Red's. I just thought it was funny how ridiculous the prices and web layout were.

Massive Sale. New 2h Burkies for $239, new Watermasters for 80% off etc.

EDIT: Moved the warning to the top instead of bottom.
$287 for G Linus Asquith 2 hander! LOL! Not scammy at all!

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
fly tyers dungeon has the holiday boxes on sale now

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Shopped and bought below at home shop. Matter of fact XP purchased at same shop in 2004. Trying to keep the local fly shop in business. But I do understand the appeal of deals out there, and I have taken advantage of a few too, but I try for the most part to buy from a couple local places. I have in returned been rewarded $$$ in not wasting my time at some water, buying wrong flies, narrowing down certain items, trying out lines before buying, able to test out rods, etc and been given some damn good intel too.

IMG_3428.jpeg

The reel is new but has been basically around and made the same since the XP was still kicking as the flagship rod.

Last edited:

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
josh

ive used that charger a number of times over the last year

i highly recommend it!

Florida Man

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Shopped and bought below at home shop. Matter of fact XP purchased at same shop in 2004. Trying to keep the local fly shop in business. But I do understand the appeal of deals out there, and I have taken advantage of a few too, but I try for the most part to buy from a couple local places. I have in returned been rewarded $$$ in not wasting my time at some water, buying wrong flies, narrowing down certain items, trying out lines before buying, able to test out rods, etc and been given some damn good intel too.

View attachment 85663

The reel is new but has been basically around and made the same since the XP was still kicking as the flagshiio rod.
Great looking combo. The Torques are great reels.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Noco Genius 10 charger for $80 (regularly $100). This is the charger that many of us use for our LiFePo4 batteries. Though it does a great job with any type of 6/12v battery. Great charger.

Another Amazon "prime big deal" sale item. So you have to have a Prime membership. And it ends tonight at Midnight.

https://tinyurl.com/yhr4assy

View attachment 85667
I came pretty close, but I want the marine one and of course those aren't on sale. I have one on board my small boat, but want a 2-3 battery one for my big boat. I currently use one with the clamps, but like the one I can have fastened on to the terminals better.

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
Madison River Fishing Company currently has Patagonia Danner River Salt Wading Boots on sale for $199.00 that are new but have a cosmetic factory blemish. I purchased some Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boots from them that had a cosmetic factory blemish and the blemish was very small and I was quite happy with the purchase and saved a good amount of money.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Madison River Fishing Company currently has Patagonia Danner River Salt Wading Boots on sale for $199.00 that are new but have a cosmetic factory blemish. I purchased some Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boots from them that had a cosmetic factory blemish and the blemish was very small and I was quite happy with the purchase and saved a good amount of money.

Thanks for the link.
Just ordered a pair of 14’s.
SF

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter

Really wish Patagonia made boots in 15s. Now more than ever.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Some companies make the 14s closer to a 14.5 or even 15. Will be curious of the size @Stonedfish compared to the Orvis Ultralight 14s. Wouldn’t mind an update once you get them, never have put my foot in a Patagonia wading boot.

Will do. My hope is that they are wide enough. I’ve worn 14 in every other wading boot I’ve purchased, so hoping that size works in this model.
Just an FYI. The oysters this weekend got the top part of the foot area just like your Orvis flyweight boots. I think I’ll use your repair method to keep them going for awhile longer.
SF

Divad

Whitefish
Will do. My hope is that they are wide enough. I’ve worn 14 in every other wading boot I’ve purchased, so hoping that size works in this model.
Just an FYI. The oysters this weekend got the top part of the foot area just like your Orvis flyweight boots. I think I’ll use your repair method to keep them going for awhile longer.
SF
My Danner street boots have a wide toe box for my narrow 13 foot FWIW.

That’s a bummer on the Orvis, definitely the weak point on them. The 5200 repair has yet to fail and it’s hard to notice it being black. The curing took 3-4 days. Been tempted to do it as a preventative on the new pair or smear some SeamGrip.