Deals at online Retailers

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Some companies make the 14s closer to a 14.5 or even 15. Will be curious of the size @Stonedfish compared to the Orvis Ultralight 14s. Wouldn’t mind an update once you get them, never have put my foot in a Patagonia wading boot.
Yeah, I've tried them before (well, the foot tractor ones). The only way they'd have worked is if I used them barefoot--for a short period of time.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Madison River Fishing Company currently has Patagonia Danner River Salt Wading Boots on sale for $199.00 that are new but have a cosmetic factory blemish. I purchased some Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boots from them that had a cosmetic factory blemish and the blemish was very small and I was quite happy with the purchase and saved a good amount of money.

Thanks! I just grabbed a set. Simms has the Freestones on their website for $107 as well.

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Orvis has some gear discounted on their website. Battenkill reels, some lines and waders etc

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Orvis has some gear discounted on their website. Battenkill reels, some lines and waders etc
Including the Helios 3 rods—at least they were last week.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
One thing I wish some online retailers, regardless of the product would learn is that I don’t need an email (or two) from them every day.
Sometimes when I order online, I forget to click that I don’t wish to receive notifications. Yes, you got an order from me but please quit spamming the shit out of my email on a daily basis. When that starts happening the unsubscribe option gets played. Must be a “if we are out of sight, we must be out of mind” type marketing strategy. Might work for some folks, but not myself.
SF

RCF

Life of the Party
One thing I wish some online retailers, regardless of the product would learn is that I don’t need an email (or two) from them every day.
Sometimes when I order online, I forget to click that I don’t wish to receive notifications. Yes, you got an order from me but please quit spamming the shit out of my email on a daily basis. When that starts happening the unsubscribe option gets played. Must be a “if we are out of sight, we must be out of mind” type marketing strategy. Might work for some folks, but not myself.
SF

I have a separate email account when buying online. If I am expecting order confirmation, tracking info I go check it out. In some cases I forward it to my personal email account. I do try the 'unsubscribe' process. I have so much gratification marking all those spam emails and deleting them.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Including the Helios 3 rods—at least they were last week.
uh oh, what's coming next the H4? can't wait....lol...kidding...sorta

I actually really really like the H3's. I really liked the 8wt I had but the problem there was I like my Steffen 7/8 glass so much more it was collecting dust. I gave it to a buddy who lives down in TX and was in the market for something to chase carp with...he was stoked and uses it all the time!

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I think so. Rumor is the Helios 4 will pick up where the H3 left off. Instead of visually announcing to everyone within 1/4 mile that you’re fishing an Orvis Rod, the H4 will send out alerts via NFC and announce the name of the rod at 120 dB every 15 seconds.

"Helios 4; Advertising from Anywhere"

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter

I actually really really like the H3's. I really liked the 8wt I had but the problem there was I like my Steffen 7/8 glass so much more it was collecting dust. I gave it to a buddy who lives down in TX and was in the market for something to chase carp with...he was stoked and uses it all the time!
Thats a good friend of you!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Whelp, they, along with the Recon are both on sale. But man, that $798 sale price is still hard to swallow. But, they are really sweet casting rods. I put a musky on the 10wt when I took it out for a spin and it worked fine...not quite the backbone of my other 10's, but a super sweet & easy casting rod. Shoot, the 8wt that I gave to my buddy was the only rod I could consistently cast into the backing with a standard line (rather easily too).

KFCDAVE

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Sierra just added a whole assortment of Lamson Liquid and Remix reels to their site for a pretty good discount. I have been fishing a -7+ Lamson Remix pretty hard for the past 4 months and have had no issues. Drag still buttery smooth!

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Sierra just added a whole assortment of Lamson Liquid and Remix reels to their site for a pretty good discount. I have been fishing a -7+ Lamson Remix pretty hard for the past 4 months and have had no issues. Drag still buttery smooth!
great price on Aetos rods...prefer my 6wt Aetos to my Ion Echo XL

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Been looking at these 3-packs. Any thoughts on the -7+ vs the -5+ for a salty 6wt? I'm stuck between those 2 sizes.