College Football 2023

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Penix has been off target all game. Lotta yards left on the field. Add in some drops... UW not having a good night.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Congrats to Michigan.
Fun season. Wish it had ended on a better note.
Started to slow tonight on defense and never quite clicked on offense.
SF

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I have a feeling that Michigan is going to win this.

That went exactly how I thought it would go..... :LOL:

seriously though, tough to win on any level when you give up over 300 yards on the ground.

That MI pressure looks like it got the best of UW all night.

Last edited:

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
WOW!!! Interesting that they'll be seeing each other next October..... This was a pretty ugly football game. Maybe a reflection of the fact that both are so good?? GO BLUE!!!

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Kinda thought that the Huskies would have to play extremely well, play error-proof ball and get a big break or two. None of those things occurred. Hope they don't lose appreciation of what a great season they had together. It sure was fun watching it. A lot of teams would have loved to have had the opportunity they had tonight.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Michigan's defensive plan to put pressure on Penix was a gamble that paid off big-time. Rough way to end a great season. Congrats to the Michigan players. They were probably the better team and executed very well. Only DeBoer's 3rd loss as a Husky. Pretty damn impressive, especially having to play Oregon twice in a season.

RIP Pac12

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
This may have been DeBoer's best season as the huskies coach. Tonight's result I'm afraid is indicative of the tough road ahead.

Reactions: RCF

RCF

Life of the Party
Michigan had a better plan and executed it. They were better prepared physically and mentally.

Washington came in with their best running back less than 100% and injured it further. He kept playing. One tough SOB. Their best defensive player was injured during the game. Players were not mentally prepared for such pressure IMHO. Washington coaches and defensive players made some great adjustments during the game to keep it competitive. KUDOs to them. But dropped passes and passes just out of touch only added to the stress. Turnovers are never good especially when coming out of half time and setting a tone.

Michigan was the better team tonight. They earned the win!

Next year Washington will be in a different conference. Those 'big farm boys' make for a different type of team and game. Will be interesting to see what/how Washington makes adjustments before next season.

Last edited:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Next year Washington will be in a different conference. Those 'big farm boys' make for a different type of team and game. Will be interesting to see what/how Washington makes adjustments before next season.
It is not like midwest players stay and go to midwestern Big 10 schools. Nor do players from Washington stay here. Penix is a Florida kid. The reason Big 10 and SEC dominate is money poured from boosters into the programs. Now that money has completely messed up college football to be the NFL farm league, players go where they think they’ll make the most. All illusions of school spirit, investment in amateur athlete/students personal development, etc. are gone. Chances for Cinderella teams will be slimmer and slimmer to nigh impossible from here on out.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
College football was part of the fabric of Corvallis and Pullman ... now that there is no Pac 12 and because players and coaches are evaporating, chances are, at least Corvallis won't be known as a college town anymore.

Damned shame that money brought down the athletic departments of OSU and WSU.... I'm still not exactly sure why no other conference wanted the two teams. But even if they both do end up in some obscure conference someplace, things will never be the same.

Adios Pac 12. Rest in peace.

JACKspASS

Life of the Party
Tough loss for the Huskies last night, the offense became one dimensional with a hobbled DJ and no real effective RB to share the load. Michigan's defense put enough pressure on Penix to throw him off his game. Our defense tightened up and made stops when the had to 2nd/3rd quarter but the offense had no answers and eventually the defense collapsed.

One heck of a season and exciting as all get out to watch. Hats off to Michigan, they were the superior team.

Looking forward to playing in the B1G, it's going to set the stage for some big time games like last night.....can't wait

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Huskies never got on track. Penix looked uncomfortable under pressure, as he has in the past.
Their inability to stop the run from the start just killed them, game felt pretty much out of reach even when they were down by just 7 in the second half.

Go Coogs!!!
😁

JACKspASS

Life of the Party
College football was part of the fabric of Corvallis and Pullman ... now that there is no Pac 12 and because players and coaches are evaporating, chances are, at least Corvallis won't be known as a college town anymore.

Damned shame that money brought down the athletic departments of OSU and WSU.... I'm still not exactly sure why no other conference wanted the two teams. But even if they both do end up in some obscure conference someplace, things will never be the same.

Adios Pac 12. Rest in peace.

What would be wrong with the Cougs and Beavs playing in a conference like the MW? It would be good, competitive football with some great regional matchups. Look at Montana, Idaho, MSU. Missoula and Moscow are cool college towns that are fun to attend games. Were teams like the Beavs and Cougs really going places in the P12 Anyways? I think the new structuring is going to breath life back into small programs that will not, or never have been on the same page as the large programs...and they will still get a chance to be underdogs and knock a big time program off in the future, same as it ever was

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Hurts like hell, but Michigan played a much better game last night. Their running game is the real deal - the Seahawks could learn a thing or two from them. The Dawg's defense just couldn't stop their run. I'm not sophisticated enough about football to figure out why - if I was, I could probably be a DC, hah! And Michigan's defense is so big and so fast! Penix needed a half second more to better execute pass plays, and that half second just wasn't there. Congrats to Michigan; they earned it. And congrats to Penix and Johnson for finishing the game playing while injured.