College Football 2023

Landlocked

Steelhead
With Saban gone, Alabama is now just another school fighting to attract and retain prospects. As to their 2023 ranking in NIL, that's gone with their paid stars heading into the NFL draft.

2023 NIL Athlete Money Per School
1 - Texas $19.9 mil
2 - Alabama $16 mil
3 - tOSU 13.6 mil
4 - USC 13.5 mil
5 - Georgia 13.4 mil
6 - Colorado 12.3 mil
7 - Michigan 11.6 mil
8 - Oregon 11.6 mil
9 - Tennessee 11.6 mil
10 - Florida State 10.2 mil
11 - LSU 10.1 mil
12 - Penn State 9.9 mil
13 - Oklahoma 9.7 mil
14 - Texas A&M 9.3 mil
15 - Notre Dame 8.6 mil
16 - Miami 8.2 mil
17 - South Carolina 8 mil
18 - Clemson 7.8 mil
19 - Florida 7.8 mil
20 - Ole Miss 7.3 mil
21 - Auburn 6.9 mil
22 - Washington 6.9 mil
23 - Missouri 6.8 mil
24 - North Carolina 6.8 mil
25 - Kentucky 5.9 mil
----- top 25 -----
26 - Nebraska 5.9 mil
27 - Louisville 5.7 mil
28 - Iowa 5.3 mil
29 - UCLA 5.3 mil
30 - Arkansas 5.2 mil
31 - Wisconsin 5.1 mil
32 - Texas Tech 4.6 mil
33 - Oregon State 4.4 mil
34 - Baylor 4.2 mil
35 - Maryland 4.2 mil
36 - TCU 4.1 mil
37 - West Virginia 3.9 mil
38 - Michigan State 3.8 mil
39 - Purdue 3.8 mil
40 - Utah 3.8 mil
41 - Arizona 3.7 mil
42 - Kansas 3.7 mil
43 - Mississippi State 3.7 mil
44 - Kansas State 3.6 mil
45 - Oklahoma State 3.4 mil
46 - Virginia Tech 3.3 mil
47 - Washington State 3.3 mil
48 - Illinois 3.1 mil
----------------------------------------
49 - Minnesota 3 mil
----------------------------------------
50 - NC State 3 mil
That’s a lot of money that used to be transferred via Starbucks coffee cups in brown paper bags.

Landlocked

Steelhead
The names I’ve seen to replace Saban are Lanning, Kiffin, Sark, Swinney or Norvell.
They all make sense as they all have SEC ties or have coached in the south.
SF
Listening to sports radio in SLC during the commute today (basically stuck on the freeway in a 1.5 inch an hour snow dump), Debore’s name was in the mix in that same conversation. It was brought up as they were discussing if Whittingham would consider going anywhere. Consensus was he’s too old, but DeBoer and Lanning were at the top of the conversation.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Listening to sports radio in SLC during the commute today (basically stuck on the freeway in a 1.5 inch an hour snow dump), Debore’s name was in the mix in that same conversation. It was brought up as they were discussing if Whittingham would consider going anywhere. Consensus was he’s too old, but DeBoer and Lanning were at the top of the conversation.

I see Michigan being more of a threat for DeBoer than Alabama should it open up. He’s a Midwest guy and hasn’t ever coached in the south. That doesn’t make it impossible and he does recruit Texas.
It is nice to have connections in the area for recruiting, which is something Lanning has from his time in the SEC.
SF

Landlocked

Steelhead
I see Michigan being more of a threat for DeBoer than Alabama should it open up. He’s a Midwest guy and hasn’t ever coached in the south. That doesn’t make it impossible and he does recruit Texas.
It is nice to have connections in the area for recruiting, which is something Lanning has from his time in the SEC.
SF

Lanning is a Missouri native I think. So make sense geographically. But, Unk Phil could back up the Brinks truck.

My guess is Bama is sending private jet to Idaho to grab Price for a second go at Destiny.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter

Lanning is a Missouri native I think. So make sense geographically. But, Unk Phil could back up the Brinks truck.

My guess is Bama is sending private jet to Idaho to grab Price for a second go at Destiny.
Wasn't Destiny a stripper in Tuscaloosa?

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Maybe Mike Price could get the opportunity he deserves. Last time he was set up
Rumors are rumors but many rumors and more rumors …. Not sure what to make of it all

DaBoer has not signed extension with UW

DaBoer has or recently hired Jimmy Sexton SEC super agent who represents Saban, Sark, Swinney, Lanning, Norvell, etc

Bama has $$$ for his 12M buyout

Bama will want to move fast….Sexton will want to slow it down and dangle the carrot a bit in hopes of getting the universities to cough up so more coin for the coaches he represents.

Last edited:

Landlocked

Steelhead
So Lanning made it super clear he’s in the Nike payroll for long term. I’ve heard in numerous forums that he has 30-mill of Nike stock options (aka sweat shop ownership) if he fulfills his current contract. But hey, good on him if he shows loyalty. Something that is sadly missing now in collegiate athletics. Maybe some youngsters will look at that. The Ducks have unlimited resources. I don’t get the ship jumping of the last two coaches there. Seems if a coach would take the path that Brooks and Bellotti (basically who brought Oregon out of the abyss couple with Nike money), they would be a perennial noisemaker in the CFP. I think Lanning could be that guy.

Now, if De Boer wanted to play the ultimate troll job on Oregon, IF he gets a Bama interview and wants to take said interview, he’d tell Bama to send their jet to Eugene, then drive down I-5 to board the jaunt to Tuscaloosa. The geeks who follow coaching carousel flight logs would lose their minds (along with the Oregon fans).

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I get it that Oregon has all the resources, Nike money, 1000’s of combinations of green/yellow/gold/white/grey/ black/ and all same colors in metallic version uniforms, and all of this and that, But at the end of the day the Nike shoe laces suck and mostly your going to bed in Eugene and waking up in Eugene…. Fucking Ugly ass Eugene Oregon. 😱

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
That was probably a gracious appraisal.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I get it that Oregon has all the resources, Nike money, 1000’s of combinations of green/yellow/gold/white/grey/ black/ and all same colors in metallic version uniforms, and all of this and that, But at the end of the day the Nike shoe laces suck and mostly your going to bed in Eugene and waking up in Eugene…. Fucking Ugly ass Eugene Oregon. 😱
Vitriol like this is just sad. Doesn't belong in this forum.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Awe man, these guys just can't seem to catch a break!

This is getting confusing…..

‘NCAA rules prohibit boosters from using the promise of NIL deals as an incentive to try to convince a prospect to attend or transfer to a particular school.’

WTF? Really? What’s the purpose then? I must have missed or attended the wrong NIL 101 intro class.