College Football 2023

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
This is getting confusing…..

‘NCAA rules prohibit boosters from using the promise of NIL deals as an incentive to try to convince a prospect to attend or transfer to a particular school.’

WTF? Really? What’s the purpose then? I must have missed or attended the wrong NIL 101 intro class.
To me this seems like retribution for whining about not being included in the playoffs.
I'm sure if they wanted, the NCAA could find wrongdoing at CU with the whole Sanders clan moving to Boulder, and Shedeur receiving more NIL money than anyone in the nation.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
But after valve lifter failures in Dodge Ram trucks being returned or traded in for a different brand of truck, the deal is only worth $1.2 million…

Hehe…

Why would they set them up in shitty dodge rams? Pick something worthy.
Fire the guy.....bad choice already.

😂

Last edited:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Sounds like FSU just didn't report all of their NIL deals like they were supposed to.

According to my inside sources...

Last edited:

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Awe man, these guys just can't seem to catch a break!

Isn’t that what the NIL was put in place to do…entice the recruitment of “new” players…by way of monetary incentives??
🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
NIL is interesting. I see a lot of figures posted on various sites, but does anyone truly know what is being spent or is it all estimated and guesses?
It seems there may be privacy issues involved as well regarding students, private contracts etc.
Would there be different rules of reporting it for public schools versus private schools like ND, USC etc?
Saban got out at the right time.
SF

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Do they have to report the triple secret ones?

So who is investigating FSU? FSU?
I thought the NCAA didn’t want to create a third party for guide/rules enforcement.
Matter of fact there is no spending limit on NIL’s, coaches are not to be involved in negotiating or influential in NIL deals….. so who is it that is responsible for reporting the NIL deals? The employer-gift giver? The non-student professional athlete? And who do they report it to? The AD? The School President? The NCAA President of the NIL? Do agents advertise the deals they have secured for other players?

Harbaugh suggested the NCAA players unionize… now that is something I would support 100%. Just for the chaos!!!!

Last edited:

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well Norvell just got a big contract extension. One of two things are going to happen. DaBoer is about to get a huge extension…. Thinking 8-9-10 million per year… maybe more. Or he will be the Bama coach.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Norvell got 10M+ per season. That’s DaBoer’s starting point for UW now. In addition he has cancelled his Seattle radio interview today. 🤔

Pete Carroll to coach the Huskies !!!!!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. We should know soon.
Replacing the GOAT will be no easy chore for anyone. Replacing the guy that replaced the GOAT is a easier path.
SF

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Well Norvell just got a big contract extension. One of two things are going to happen. DaBoer is about to get a huge extension…. Thinking 8-9-10 million per year… maybe more. Or he will be the Bama coach.
Reports indicate that Sark and TX are close on a new extension as well. Which probably doubles the chances that your prediction about DaBoer is correct.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
And now reports that DeBoer is going to Bama.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So some details are coming forth. For two months UW has tried to sign Deboer to a $9M+ a year contract for 7 years. He balked. He hired Jimmy Sexton as an agent who also represents Saban and 11/14 SEC coaches. Sexton more than likely knew Saban was toying with the idea of retiring and kept it mum as he should. So his job is to improve the status of his clientele which he did. Many got pay raises and extensions. It’s a game within a game….. I wish Deboer well but he could have made it big time here and with half the pressure and a much more mild comfortable climate.

Right now the only happy clam is the Oregon Ducks.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Pete Carroll would be a great 2 year filler at UW. Lots of interest with kids playing for someone who is just out of the NFL and was successful too. A few of his staff would join. Let the AD evaluate and have time to search for good candidates. ??? I like the Doc’s suggestion above. Won’t happen tho.

More likely to be a Charger than a Husky coach