Beer (Without the Alcohol)

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Most the time, seltzer water scratches the itch for me. Turns out that a bitter, carbonated beverage is all I'm wanting. But sometimes a beer can't be matched.
Most times a beer can’t be matched! I feel you though, my problem is I like it to much. May have to give the alternative a try.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Found a new one at TWAM yesterday morning… I used to love draft Guinness and this tastes exactly the same as what I remember. It even has the nitrogen capsule that pops when the can is opened!

$8.99 for a 4 pack of 14.9 oz cans.

Andy

Attachments

• A0F8E325-ED4F-408E-8086-7D906FBC787B.jpeg
    A0F8E325-ED4F-408E-8086-7D906FBC787B.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 13

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Found a new one at TWAM yesterday morning… I used to love draft Guinness and this tastes exactly the same as what I remember. It even has the nitrogen capsule that pops when the can is opened!

$8.99 for a 4 pack of 14.9 oz cans.

Andy
I had no idea they were doing that. Interesting!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
This stuff isn’t bad (assuming you don’t mind a Bud). And at $12 for a half-rack, isn’t terrible in price.

It pretty much tastes like a Budweiser. now, that’ll be a dealbreaker for some folks. But sometimes a cold easy drinking beer is what you want. I could see this being a go-to budget NA “yard work” beer.

65C167B2-89D1-464C-846F-42FB364F7635.jpeg

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
This stuff isn’t bad (assuming you don’t mind a Bud). And at $12 for a half-rack, isn’t terrible in price.

It pretty much tastes like a Budweiser. now, that’ll be a dealbreaker for some folks. But sometimes a cold easy drinking beer is what you want. I could see this being a go-to budget NA “yard work” beer.

View attachment 28332
Doesn't Budweiser already make Michalobe Ultra?

Xoxo

My relationship with beer is weird and continues to get weirder. A good beer is one of my favorite things on the planet. Alcohol happens to be one of my least favorite. So you can see why this has always been a conflict for me. So I drink very sparingly, and typically one or two at most when I do.

On a recent fishing trip, a friend who is a recovering alcoholic introduced me to Athletic Brewing. Had one of their IPAs while rowing myself down a coastal OR stream. Was pleasantly surprised that it actually tasted like a real beer. Most probably wouldn't even second guess it if they tried it without being told first.

Anyone had another brand like this they like? Trying to find a few more. I will still continue to buy my regulars as I doubt some of the german pilsners I enjoy so much will ever be done properly like this, but some of the "bigger" flavored beers do just fine. It's nice to have options.

I see they actually have a dark beer which is what i drink when I drink beer. Can this only be ordered online? Where did you buy yours?

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I see they actually have a dark beer which is what i drink when I drink beer. Can this only be ordered online? Where did you buy yours?
Town and Country, formerly known as ‘Central Market’ in Shoreline sells it.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Multiple grocery stores around me have Athletic on the shelves. Usually just a couple options. So if you want something specific, you'll end up ordering it.

If you have a beer specialty store around you, they'll probably stock it.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Most grocery stores seem to have it around me. You can also order online. Their dark was not my favorite though. And I love a good stout.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I mean, 3.8% ABV is practically water. But still not close enough to be called NA.
NA - non-alcohol? Do these NA beers folks are talking about have alcohol in them? AB in the image above apparently does: "contains less that 0.5% alcohol". Is there a NA beer that has 0.0% alcohol. Asking for me.

Xoxo

@Jojo as a counterpoint, my wife thinks the All Out dark is the best of the bunch. I like it as well, though I tend to drink others more often.

View attachment 29471
Thanks y’all! Yes. This one looks interesting To me. I’m going to look for this for my new Seahawks beer. (Haha…. I’m afraid this year is going to be stressful and will make me want to overindulge. )

What y’all say about NA beer here has me interested. I am going to look for it at stores like Harbor Greens or Tacoma Boys or Metro Market.

Xoxo

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
NA - non-alcohol? Do these NA beers folks are talking about have alcohol in them? AB in the image above apparently does: "contains less that 0.5% alcohol". Is there a NA beer that has 0.0% alcohol. Asking for me.
They're all going to have at least some trace amounts. "Less than .5%" is likely quite a bit lower than that. The process of removing the alcohol will always leave some behind though. These beers are brewed like regular beers, then the alcohol is removed after the fact.