Beer (Without the Alcohol)

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Well, then you probably understand the difference between “sober” and “dry”? If a cocaine addict said, “I don’t do cocaine now but I enjoy smelling the cocaine cutting agent mix of :
  • Laundry detergent
  • Laxatives
  • Caffeine
  • Boric acid
  • Local anesthetics like procaine
  • Creatine.”.
What would you say to that cocaine addict?

Thinking a little further, I wonder why you don’t see candy cigarettes sold like in old days? Or bubble gum cigars?

Just an old mind, well versed in addictions work, reflecting different levels of recovery thoughts, as absurd as some may see them.
I'm sure there is a point in there. I'm just not seeing it.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
These products have a place. It's not with everyone, and certainly not with probably most with an addiction issue. But there's some who can handle it. Either way, that topic wasn't the intent of this thread.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Well, then you probably understand the difference between “sober” and “dry”? If a cocaine addict said, “I don’t do cocaine now but I enjoy smelling the cocaine cutting agent mix of :
  • Laundry detergent
  • Laxatives
  • Caffeine
  • Boric acid
  • Local anesthetics like procaine
  • Creatine.”.
What would you say to that cocaine addict?

Thinking a little further, I wonder why you don’t see candy cigarettes sold like in old days? Or bubble gum cigars?

Just an old mind, well versed in addictions work, reflecting different levels of recovery thoughts, as absurd as some may see them.
I completely understand where your coming from. The one time I tried to bring NA beer home my special lady was not so happy, the I like the taste was not a good excuse. For alcoholics it just seems like a bad idea.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I'm not an active or recovering alcoholic. I drink booze beer when the mood strikes or a good occasion presents itself. Nothing wrong with getting a buzz on when you feel like doing so.

But I drink NA beer more often these days because I enjoy the taste of a good cold beer, but don't need the calories or alcohol. And I sure as shit don't need have my sleep messed up or a hangover because I decided to have a couple IPAs on a random Wednesday night.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I'll be stepping up the soda waters with bitters, that's a good idea. We go through a lot of the knock off LA Crois, they just don't have that little something extra of astringent/bitterness

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have no problem wit ‘Run Wild IPA’. It is a great tasty IPA. I want to thanks Evan for turning me on to this brewery. This is the only one I have tried but we have bought it several times. I won’t lie. Not the best compared to some IPAs. But it holds itself in the upper range. Even the wife thought it was good. And that is a manor
Score.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'll be stepping up the soda waters with bitters, that's a good idea. We go through a lot of the knock off LA Crois, they just don't have that little something extra of astringent/bitterness
I'm a huge fan of the Bitter Housewife brand Cardamon bitters. Soooo good in a club soda.

longputt

Steelhead
I think the concept of NA beer is interesting...formulated correctly it can be a useful healthy drink, probably a more natural sports drink.

Whenever I drive the lower Yakima River valley I look at the hop and wine production and find it ironic that we use our limited water to grow human poison! I've been invited to a few fund raisers to remove the lower Snake River dams.....wine tasting at a winery...salmon water to make wine.