NFR 2022-23 ski season. Let's Go!!!!

Non-fishing related

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter

It was great growing up 30 minutes from here!..

Chucker

Steelhead
On Oregon's highest volcano this week has been excellent. Next week is looking good!

I could have gone there last week, but I went to Whistler instead, and we got 4cm of fresh on Monday and that was it ☹️. Still had an excellent time.

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I've never had a bad time in Canada. W/B is always tons of fun...even without much fresh.

Makes me think of a question for the group. When you are planning a ski trip how far in advance do you choose a destination? For me it's 48 hrs or less if I'm going for quality. Great last minute deals to be had.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

It was great growing up 30 minutes from here!..
Skied there after graduating from the UW December 1979. By the end of the week, my VW square back was buried in snow almost to the roof level. Steep and deep!

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
vid of the kid dropping into CC flashed me back to a Fiji surf trip with my then 15 year old son. Fun day, 8' waves with a few bigger sets, went back to the boat to get some water (have to boat to the offshore reef from an island), and than this rolled in and lurched up on the reef. That's my son with the blue helmet on, facing down the beast, and to this day neither of us have an idea how he managed to get under that wave with his board and pop out the back. The grown man next to him? Absolutely rag-dolled for a hundred yards down down the reef, his board in pieces. IMG_20181214_082319_552.jpg

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
More than you ever wanted to know about me.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Great powder at White Pass today. Som variability in the report but up to 14 inches this morning. Snowed most of the day. I’m going to sleep well tonight… The WP crew was busy getting ready for Winter Carnival and the castle was looking good by the end of the day. Good news is the mountains are getting a lot of snow. It did look like the road into Leech Lake will take a while to be open. Could only see the top of the stop sign. 3C5F8222-EF98-4F68-8EC0-643521151581.jpeg

Last edited:

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Great powder at White Pass today. Som variability in the report but up to 14 inches this morning. Snowed most of the day. I’m going to sleep well tonight… The WP crew was busy getting ready for Winter Carnival and the castle was looking good by the end of the day. Good news is the mountains are getting a lot of snow. It did look like the road into Leech Lake will take a while to be open. Could only see the top of the stop sign. View attachment 56594
It’s been dumping up there all week. I was planning to make a few trips up there this week, but I blew up my knee on Sunday. Last run of the day at WP and my Knee got smoked. My season is over. Pretty sad about that.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Thanks for the well wishes gentlemen! My mind says hold my beer and watch this, while my body says you’re a F***IN idiot! I guess it’s time to start growing up😎
I don't think it's time to start growing up per se as there are lots of folks older than you on the ski slopes (right, Mark?). But I suppose if you were hot-doggin', sliding down a rail backwards, jumping large jumps and doing somersaults in mid-air, and whatever it is that radical skiers do these days....... well tone it down a tad? Stuff happens to young folks too - I remember when I heard Jerry Davis's leg break (femur), we were in high school. Take care, good luck with your recovery.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Part two. More marine biology and ski industry banter and then my experience getting buried in the avalanche that killed my friends.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Great article today in SI about WC victory number 87. You have to love seeing such a gracious and insightful champion, arguably the best who has ever skied.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Great article today in SI about WC victory number 87. You have to love seeing such a gracious and insightful champion, arguably the best who has ever skied.
She has a much greater fan base in Europe than she has here in the US. Truly a great athlete and person.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Mikaela shiffrin IS the greatest skier ever, period!
What she has accomplishment at her age is truly amazing and in my opinion makes her the greatest athlete ever!
I am so proud that she is an American athlete. Since watching Bill Johnson win the first US Down Hill Olympic Gold Medal in the 1984 Sarajevo Yugoslavia. Too the Mahre twins, Debbie Armstrong, Tommy Moe, Boddie Miller and Lindsey Vonn and so many others.
She is the greatest, far beyond any professional sports athletes, MJ, KB, TB, JM, TW.
They all come up short to that strong Little woman that has the most drive, most desire to win than anyone else on the planet right now.