NFR 2022-23 ski season. Let's Go!!!!

Non-fishing related

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Oh yeah, almost time to smash some fresh pow!

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The forecast for the next week in the PNW is pretty bonkers, and friends all over the west are already making (sharky) turns. Who knows when the resorts are going to open but fingers crossed it will be in the next couple of weeks! In the meantime, I'll be getting my skis and snowboards and BC gear and all the associated kit ready for shredding. Maybe I'll see some folks at the Mt. Baker Film Fest on the 10th? Who else is getting excited!?

Here are a couple of shots that are helping me get stoked for the season.

Me in Norway by Liam Doran as seen in the current (last?) issue of SKI magazine
017_SKI_OCT22.jpg
Otto Trebotich at Mt. Baker by me
PXL_20220928_233111709.jpg

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I'll be at Baker once again this season. Reminds me I gotta set up Komo Kids lessons for the boys.

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
I am not a
The forecast for the next week in the PNW is pretty bonkers, and friends all over the west are already making (sharky) turns. Who knows when the resorts are going to open but fingers crossed it will be in the next couple of weeks! In the meantime, I'll be getting my skis and snowboards and BC gear and all the associated kit ready for shredding. Maybe I'll see some folks at the Mt. Baker Film Fest on the 10th? Who else is getting excited!?
I am not a skier...what is BC gear?

Cool that you got your pic in SKI magazine!

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am not a skier...what is BC gear?

Cool that you got your pic in SKI magazine!
Most of the time "backcountry" is where many people have gone before! It's more of a "quality vs. quantity" sort of experience. Hopefully better snow and hopefully not as crowded as the resort experience. The tradeoff is you have to earn your turns by walking (or snowmobile/snowcat/heli if you have access to said devices) uphill. You're also in charge of your own safety so everyone in your party better know the avalanche conditions on your intended route and have all of your safety gear (avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, and often airbag) and know how to use it in case something goes wrong.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I might go up a few times. ;)

But nothing like HOP is throwing down. Nice work....on both sides of the lens!
Thank you! I am happily spending more time behind the lens because the things the younger generations are doing are mind blowing!!

I was worried that putting my snow tires on before my CA road trip was going to be premature but I'm quite happy I did!