NFR 2022-23 ski season. Let's Go!!!!

Non-fishing related

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Photographer Grant Gunderson has a bit more info on an IG post. I won't embed it here in case people want to skip it. It's pretty heavy and makes my adrenaline pump and heart sad just reading it.

TL : DR - Adam is alive and sounds like no serious physical injuries. But had what must have been a terrifying experience until he was dug out. Kyle and another skier didn't make it.

Stay safe out there everyone. Hug those you love. Life the life you want to live now, not someday. Don't waste time on stupid shit. Nobody knows how long we get on this earth.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Terribly sad news. Condolences to all and their families.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'd buy a lottery ticket but I'm pretty sure I used up all of my luck on this one.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
I'd buy a lottery ticket but I'm pretty sure I used up all of my luck on this one.

Glad to hear from you, so sorry for your loss.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

Great to see your post! A scary event and heart breaking event.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Adam,
Very glad you are still with us and sorry for the loss of your friends.
SF

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Damn glad you made it out Adam, sorry for your loss.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Dang @adamcu280. Glad you are still with us and sorry for the loss of your friend. I can't even imagine but my thoughts are with you🙏🙏🙏

Replicant

Steelhead
That's kinda really awesome. I can't say I've ever seen anything like that on the slopes.
I asked around, and was surprised to hear that many of the locals and a couple of long time employees on the mountain hadn't ever seen moose on the slopes. One guy said, he hadn't seen anything like it in the thirty years, he had worked there. The cool thing was that there was no freak outs. They let the moose do their thing, which ultimately meant that the pair came down into the village and started to eat the tree branches (last picture). People kept a respectful distance and just went on about their day.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
I asked around, and was surprised to hear that many of the locals and a couple of long time employees on the mountain hadn't ever seen moose on the slopes. One guy said, he hadn't seen anything like it in the thirty years, he had worked there. The cool thing was that there was no freak outs. They let the moose do their thing, which ultimately meant that the pair came down into the village and started to eat the tree branches (last picture). People kept a respectful distance and just went on about their day.
I haven't skied much at Jackson much in the past 25 years, but in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, it was very common to see moose on the lower mountain especially in the spring.