Search results

1. A

Syd Glasso Book

This is the last copy that we have if anyone is interested. https://ablazeinthenorthernfly.com/products/syd-glasso-an-influential-innovative-master-fly-tyer-and-his-canadian-connections-by-art-lingren
  2. A

VHS Tapes Mike Maxwell: Speyfishing (or Spey Fishing)

These: Why Use a Double-Handed Spey Rod - An Introduction to Speycasting and Speyfishing (24 min.) Speycasting and Speyfishing Part One - Speycasting (55 min.) Speycasting and Speyfishing Part Two - Speyfishing (45 min.) Located on Vancouver Island. $75 Canadian shipped to North America. $60...
  3. A

True Materelli Bobbin

A friend passed on last year and I'm helping his widow sell off his things. Does anyone know what a true Frank Materelli bobbin is worth? This one is 4.5".
  4. A

What's the name of the hook website....

I'm having a problem of a cognitive nature. What is the name of that website that shows photos of hooks against a grid so it's easy to determine gap and length...?
  5. A

Avian Flu

You might have noticed higher costs for chicken, smaller and more costly turkeys over Christmas, and a big increase in the cost of eggs. Hold onto your CDC because our two main suppliers are telling us that they are having a hard time getting some things like CDC, high quality capes and saddles...
  6. A

Harry Lemire Items at Auction

A cane rod built by Peter McVey and some of Harry's flies for sale at the Steelhead Society of British Columbia auction. https://trellis.org/steelhead-online-auction-2022/auction
  7. A

Lingren Books - Glasso, McMillan, Lemire, Haig-brown, Brayshaw, etc.

Art has done a reprint of some of his recent titles and I have a few available. All are priced in Canadian dollars. You pay shipping so message me if you're interested and provide a postal or zip code and I'll calculate shipping. Harry Lemire $35.99 (four copies left) Bill McMillan $35.99...
  8. A

The Lost Salmon

On KCTS right now.
  9. A

Wanted Old Lamson Guru 1/1.5 spool.

Looking for one. Thanks
  10. A

Bring Back the Hook Keeper!

I just took my new Echo EPR from the tube to line up for some bucktailing and see that yet again there's no keeper provided. This is now getting to be the norm with rod companies. Why is one more half inch wrap and a piece of bent wire so much to ask for?
  11. A

Wanted Spool for Sage 2550

Looking. You got? PM me. Thanks!!
  12. A

Pollen

So, we're on this lake and it's fishing pretty good. Lots of surface action on big caddis. Also damsels, may's, dragons, scuds...lots of hungry fish. Then for a couple days the pollen is brutal. We're having sinus issues and eyes are burning. Not fun. Well the fishing went in the tank. The lake...
  13. A

Lots of these yesterday.

No chironomids coming off but lots of these popping out. The trout missed a really good hatch.
  14. A

Slinky Line

I was given a reel and there's an old clear intermediate line on it. It's really a slinky, the early generation of these mono lines. I'm wondering if I can make a number of polyleaders from it. I've welded loops into modern clear lines when needed but not sure if it's possible with this older...
  15. A

NFR Ray Liotta has Died

I'm very bummed out about this. A great actor. Goodfellas. Something Wild. Field of Dreams. Sad to see he's gone.🙁 https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ray-liotta-dead-goodfellas-actor-dies-at-age-67/
  16. A

Hardy Glen Beg Neo Cane

A fellow brought an 8'6" 6 weight one of these into the shop. I did some looking aroundon the web and they don't seem to have the value of other Hardy cane. Can anyone who knows something about them tell me why this is. It seems they were only made for a few years in the mid-60s. This one looks...
  17. A

FS Henschel Black & Silver No. 3 Anti-Reverse Reel.

We have a Henschel No. 3 in excellent condition but without the case. There's 30 lb. backing and a shooting line wound on. The reel can take 8, 9 or 10 WF line. Comes with the progressive reel foot. Price is $575 US shipped anywhere in North America.
  18. A

The Trouble With Scudback

Earlier this week I was organizing and putting some stuff away and opened a box that had a bunch of Scudback inside. I admit I don't use this very much but I found it had all gone hard and brittle other than a more recently purchased package. This is something to keep in mind when you buy this...
  19. A

Seamaster Salmon Fly Reel

A very good old friend of mine passed away last month and left me a Seamaster Salmon reel. It is set up to retrieve using the right hand and I want to change it over. Does anyone know if this is possible? I don't want to start ripping into it only to find it can't be done. Looking online it...
  20. A

Cowichan River

My son with one of several browns caught on Thursday with our guide, Alex West. Alex is on of the best and we says there'll be a brown there you better believe it. Aidan outfished me again but I'm used to it because if you throw a wet rag on the floor he'd cast a fly over it and a trout would...