Seamaster Salmon Fly Reel

ABITNF

Steelhead
A very good old friend of mine passed away last month and left me a Seamaster Salmon reel. It is set up to retrieve using the right hand and I want to change it over. Does anyone know if this is possible? I don't want to start ripping into it only to find it can't be done. Looking online it appears there's both left asnd right handed retrieve out there but I'm wondering if it's factory built one way or the other.
Thanks,
Glenn

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
If nobody else chimes in, an email to Bill Archuleta should get the answers you are looking for.
SF

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I had an old Seamaster I got at an estate sale that could not be switched. I sold it to a guy in Florida that would appreciate it a lot more than me. It was so heavy and drag so strong at the lightest setting I just couldn’t find a good use for it in the PNW.

ABITNF

Steelhead
Thanks HBW. The Seamaster Salmon is a nice size. It's 3.5 inches in diameter and the weight feels about the same as my Islander Salmon No. 2. It came loaded with GSP backing and I plan on putting an OBS WF8F/H/I on it and using it here on the beach. I called Ed at antiquefishingreels.com in Florida. He advised it can be changed but by professional which for me isn't worth it. I'll have to learn how to reel in the right-handed wrong-hand way when I use it.