Search results

1. Aleforme

SOLD - Ross Colorado 4/5 Black

Ross Colorado 4/5 Reel - Black - $250 (Sold) Light used with just some very minor nicks on the body and some bright spots/rubs on the corners of the reel seat from being mounted. Backing included. This reel really is beautifully made. Super light and such a great sounding click-pawl sound...
  2. Aleforme

Redington Classic Trout 590-4 - $100

Redington Classic Trout 590-4 -$100 Local Pick Only. I have this Classic Trout that is getting no use. I bought this about 2 years ago and used it maybe two times? It's a great rod but I just like my old Sage DS2 better. It's in great shape except for the butt cap/end that has come light...
  3. Aleforme

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

How do you guys feel about crossing over or fishing on railroad property along rivers here in Washington? Maybe this has been discussed before but I haven't found anything here. I see a lot of access along various rivers that is railroad property and I'll also see well worn foot paths to and...
  4. Aleforme

Streamer/Bass 7wt - Anyone tried the new Echo 84B?

So I'm on the hunt for a streamer rod that will do double duty for bass in a 7wt, 9ft. I've been looking mainly at the Echo Ion XL which a quite a few folk here seem to like per another thread and a Fenwick Aetos. I looked at the Echo Streamer X but we're not talking double the money. I'm...
  5. Aleforme

Gone - Sling Pack - Generic/No Name - Like New

I bought this for my wife but she prefers a hip pack so this has just been laying around. I think I bought this at Outdoor Emporium and it was like $40 or so? I think she used it once. It's a generic no name brand but it's nicely made and has a lot of pockets. Two larger pockets and the...
  6. Aleforme

Plano Gun Guard Case for Rifles - $125.00 - Now $100

Plano Gun Guard Case - It's in good overall condition except for some minor scratches/dings here and there. All minor though. The foam on the inside is a little deformed from storing a couple rifles but this is minor as well. The case easily holds two bolt action hunting rifles with scopes...
  7. Aleforme

EcoVacs DeeBot N8 Pro+ Vacuum & Mop Cleaner -Reduced to $200

Ecovacs DeeBot N8 Pro+ Vacuum & Mop Cleaner. I know this isn't fishing related but it would work great and keeping your fly tying are debris free! 😂 It's a long shot but I figured I'd post it here to see if anyone wants it? So I bought this robot van/mop for my elderly parents back in...
  8. Aleforme

SOLD - Sage DS2 - 590 (2 Piece) - Local Pick Only (Located in Seattle)

Sage DS2 590 (2 piece) - $( SOLD) - Local Pick Up Only I have a beautiful Sage DS2 and original tube that I'm letting go simply because I have a 4 piece as well. The rod is in great condition with just some minor surface/finish scuffs/rubs here and there. Very minimal though and no deep...
  9. Aleforme

Plano Gun Guard Case $140 or Trade for 3WT Reel Local Pick Up Only

I have this Plano Gun Guard Case that is literally collecting dust as I have no use for it. I bought it maybe 6 or 7 years ago to move a couple rifles from my family's home in Texas up to Seattle. Family is elderly now and lives here so I don't need such a heavy duty case. It's in good...
  10. Aleforme

Orcas Island & SRC? Am I wishful thinking?

So I'll be up on Orcas Island for new years and we're gong to hike and fish a couple lakes but wondering if it's even worth trying for some SRC? I know this is way north but I know they can be caught off Vancouver Island so, maybe? Not the best time of year but easy enough to throw a line on...
  11. Aleforme

Wanted Fishpond Thunderhead Submersible Sling Pack

Looking for a waterproof Fishpond Thunderhead sling pack, Probably a long shot but thought I might see if anyone here had one they would let go? I would also maybe consider an Simms Dry Creek Z Sling Pack. Thanks, Jim
  12. Aleforme

Dryft Waders - Anyone use or have experience with them?

So I need to finally replace my last pair of cheap Caddis Waders and I'm willing to spend a little more money on a new pair. I have patched the heck out of my Caddis waders over the last few years and even patched some patches. It's just time. I know there are the usual Simms, Orvis and...
  13. Aleforme

FS SOLD ! Penn Conflict II & Wicked Lures King Killers 2/0 Hook - $

1. Wicked Lures King Killers 2/0 hooks - $30 $SOLD Via PayPal - Shipped 10 New in box. 4 yellow, 4 pink, 2 Black. Selling as a set only. 2. SOLD - Penn Conflict II 2000 Spinning Reel - SOLD Minor scrape on the bail and some minor scuffs on the body. Spooled with 4lb Fireline. Great...
  14. Aleforme

Wanted FOUND! - Sage X or Scott Centric (5wt 9’)

Found! So I made the “mistake” of casting some faster rods few days ago and really clicked with a couple. The Sage X and Scott Centric. Both 9’ 5wt. Just need something to get a little more reliable distance when needed So looking for either of these in 5wt. Light to medium users are...
  15. Aleforme

Woolly Bugger Chenille?

Can anyone recommend a good Woolly Bugger Chenille for Size 6, 8, 10 Buggers? Just want to do some basics Black, White and Olive cone head/bead head buggers in the more classic design. Marabou tail, chenille body with a hackle wrap over the body. I'm thinking more of a plain color chenille...
  16. Aleforme

Good Deal on Lamson Liquid Set - Reel/spool plus 2 extra Spools

Not sure if this is allowed and Admins, feel free to delete, but this is a great deal for the Lamson Liquid -5+ set. https://www.sierra.com/lamson-liquid-5-plus--fly-reel-3-pack~p~75wdr/?filterString=s~fly-fishing%2F
  17. Aleforme

Finally - SRC Success!!!!

I'm still pretty new to fly fishing (Thank you everyone here for all the help!) but have managed to catch some nice trout in rivers and lakes. The one species that has eluded me so far has been the Sea Run Cutthroat. I live within walking distance of the Sound but have been striking out...
  18. Aleforme

A good learning trip despite the wind

We (the wife and I) finally got down to a cold lake in the shadow of an active volcano this last Saturday and were able to land a few Bows and Cutties. The weather forecast said mostly sunny and around 69 and the winds were supposed to be around 5mph. Well, I need to start using another weather...
  19. Aleforme

Dry Fly Leader Length

So a couple weekends ago, I was doing some dry fly fishing on lake bank and did pretty well but I notice I was having some trouble getting the fly to lay/extend out. I was using a 5wt 9ft rod with a 9ft 3x Tapered leader and would tie either 5X or 3X tipper to the end once it had been cut...
  20. Aleforme

Price Drop - Caddis Nevada Float Tube - Seattle/West Seattle - Price Drop

I bought this a couple months ago for my wife but have recently bought a raft and this will not get any use. I bought it here and it's not been used since. The tube is in great shape with what I suspect is minimal use. Would be great for a starter tube or for someone not as "husky" as myself...