Good Deal on Lamson Liquid Set - Reel/spool plus 2 extra Spools

headduck

Steelhead
I got a set of the 7. Thought the drag was messed up during loading, sent an email, new cartridge in a couple days.

Great service even on the bargain.

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
Looks like a good deal and says that they are made in the USA which I think is great. Are these reels decent?

Ellisonj

Freshly Spawned
I beat the snot out of mine. The coating they use is not as durable as anodized aluminum, but for a basic reel in that price point it has been above my expectations. I paired mine with a Sage pulse 7'6" 3wt and fish it a lot in the smaller waters around Cle Elum (home). Where brush, cut banks, big rocks make lip skidding and sliding the norm. I own a couple Gurus and a litespeed as well. Been happy with all of them.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Looks like a good deal and says that they are made in the USA which I think is great. Are these reels decent?
A warning given to me by a more experienced fisherman... "careful with cast aluminum." If you drop and they crack... done.
I have a set of the Remix 5+ - also a good price on Sierra*. That has the exact same spools as the Liquid, but the frame is machined instead of cast.
Love them so far!

*bought mine full price at Avid, tho, 'cause Ryan put together a set with all different colors for me 😁

Replicant

Steelhead
A couple years ago, I got the Remix set at the same price as the liquid set. I think Sierra made a mistake, because I've never seen it happen again. For that price, I don't know of a better reel.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I have a set of the Remix 5+ - also a good price on Sierra*. That has the exact same spools as the Liquid, but the frame is machined instead of cast.
Love them so far!

*bought mine full price at Avid, tho, 'cause Ryan put together a set with all different colors for me 😁
I have 2 sets of the Remix for my 6wt lake rods. 2 frames, 6 spools for different lines. They look good, work well, and since they were both bought for those low sale prices several years ago, if it goes to the bottom I won't be too heart broken.