Search results

1. J

Puget Sound Fly Shop Anniversary

Saturday, 2 March from 10am to 3pm, Matt Klaiber will be hosting an open house to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Puget Sound Fly Shop. There will be several rod building reps, fly tying demos from Charles St. Pierre, and free BBQ vittles by Jerry Daschofsky. Stop in and see what...
  2. J

Tropical Water Flies?

I'm not a tropical water angler, so I don't know the worth of these flies. Make me an offer. They were received in a donation, so I prefer the payment be made as a donation to Project Healing Waters. $10? $20? $50? You tell me what's fair.
  3. J

Les Johnson's Fly-Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout

Hard cover signed edition of Les Johnson's Fly-Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout. Excellent like new condition. This was received in a donation, so I'd prefer the buyer make a donation to Project Healing Waters rather than paying me. I feel a donation of between $75 and $100 would be...
  4. J

Big Fish Flies

I'm in the Elk Plain area near Bethel high school. I received some flies in a recent donation that my folks won't use. I'm thinking these are for big trout or bass. There are probably 25-30 flies in the pile. More big flies. Musky? There are 15 total in two sizes. Magnetic rod holder...
  5. J

Support for Veterans

As Veteran's Day is upon us, we are asking you to join us in supporting a noble cause. The Joint Base Lewis-McChord program of Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing is asking for your contribution to a fundraising effort to help wounded flyfishing veterans in the local area. Whether you donate $5...
  6. J

Lodge Recommendations

Now that I'm retired, I want to check something off my bucket list. I'm looking for recommendations for a steelhead fishing lodge on the Skeena River for the late summer run. I've looked at quite a few, but I'd like some recommendations from someone that's been up there. Thanks all.
  7. J

SFR PHWFF-JBLM Facebook Fundraiser

Greetings fellow fishers, This past weekend, the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Program at Joint Base Lewis-McChord launched a Facebook fundraiser to help generate funds to support our local program enabling us to conduct more activities, such as fishing events, rod building, and fly tying...
  8. J

Deschutes Guide Recommendation

I'm planning a trip for a handful (6-8) of disabled veterans from Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing to fish the Deschutes late May/early June 2023. I'd like to hire guides for a day or partial day. Any recommendations? Is Madras or Maupin any better than the other?
  9. J

Neoprene Booties on Waders

Is there a trick to sliding the neoprene stocking-foot of waders into a wading boot without it sticking and forcing your toes to get cramped and crushed? I've worn stocking-foot waders for years but have always had a hard time getting the stocking-foot to easily slide in the boot and fit...
  10. J

Help a Wounded Warrior

Please help a wounded warrior pay for her service dog. April joined Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing in December 2019 and has just recently moved to Rochester, WA, from the East Coast. Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing is a national organization dedicated to physically and emotionally...
  11. J

Puzzle Help

I'm not a regular lake fisher, but I spend a little time on them before the rivers open up. I have a small seasonal lake near me that is stocked before opening day, and I usually fish it a few days after it opens when the crowds go away. Trolling or casting and retrieving a 'bugger or leech...