SFR PHWFF-JBLM Facebook Fundraiser

Sorta fishing-related

JodyRay

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Greetings fellow fishers,

This past weekend, the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Program at Joint Base Lewis-McChord launched a Facebook fundraiser to help generate funds to support our local program enabling us to conduct more activities, such as fishing events, rod building, and fly tying. As most of you know, Project Healing Waters is a national non-profit which is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing and associated activities including education and outings.

In honor of this past Veterans Day and for the service and sacrifice our local veterans have made, please consider making a donation. Your donation will stay local and be allocated to the Joint Base Lewis-McChord Program. The link below will take you directly to the donation page. Thank you for your support!

Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Donation

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 5.36.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 5.36.36 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
My apologies! The forum software is doing something weird with that FB link. I've replaced it with a screenshot (which should link to the fundraiser if you hover and click). Hope you don't mind.

Here's the link to the Project Healing Waters JBLM FB page:

And here's the link directly to the fundraiser page.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Is there anyway to donate without going thru facebook?
Really not a fan of anything having to do with facebook, with maybe the one exception of @Triploidjunkie reports of big browns and monster rainbows....

Xoxo

Yes, there are a couple of ways, LRS. I can send you a form via email where you list the amount you're comfortable with donating, or I can snail mail you a donation envelope if you wish to write a check.

If you PM me your email address, I'll forward the form to you.
Can you bring donation envelopes to the Steilacoom Pub today? I can send on my own. AFter having to change my phone number I had for 25 years because of all of the online donations in the past, (especially the political ones which get you on everyone’s list though you didn’t mean to), i send checks instead.

Last edited:

Xoxo

Can you copy and paste the address here. I downloaded it, but i don’t often download on my ipad so i hate to have to go look for it.

Xoxo

Thanks. I actually found that address online after i asked, but I thought there might be a local chapter.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
On the form it specifies that your donation will go to the JBLM program. Not sure if there's a local address for PHWFF.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Greetings fellow fishers,

This past weekend, the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Program at Joint Base Lewis-McChord launched a Facebook fundraiser to help generate funds to support our local program enabling us to conduct more activities, such as fishing events, rod building, and fly tying. As most of you know, Project Healing Waters is a national non-profit which is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing and associated activities including education and outings.

In honor of this past Veterans Day and for the service and sacrifice our local veterans have made, please consider making a donation. Your donation will stay local and be allocated to the Joint Base Lewis-McChord Program. The link below will take you directly to the donation page. Thank you for your support!

Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Donation
What happened to all the fly tying supplies at the WTB? There was enough to last several lifetimes.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
I am the PL. We still have a lot of tying materials, but not the materials for the most popular flies for this area. Those we've used up in our classes.
Odd, should've been enough to last 2 lifetimes. Wonder if someone took, or tossed out, a bunch of it during covid.

Is this new? The RC should have an account at HQ specifically to cover expenses for fly tying equipment and materials. The JBLM program used to have a pretty big account. I'm guessing they (RC and HQ) collapsed it into the NW region account. Usually you should only have to fundraise to take them on trips.