Search results

1. Mukman

Lake craft recommendation

My POS Scadden Outlaw Renegade has finally sprung so many un-repairable leaks (and suffered an un-glued oarlock) that it’s time to get something new. I thought about a pram for its obvious comfort appeal, but for my style of fishing I like to hold my rod in my hands while maneuvering, ie, I...
  2. Mukman

Carp - how to…?

We live on a river in central WA. It’s a big river, one of the biggest in the US. We have a dock on the river. When I stand on the end of the dock, I often see a crapload of carp in hover mode (river is pretty slow here) about 10 feet down, maybe a foot off the bottom. If I had a bow and...
  3. Mukman

SFR Sunglasses lens endorsement

Several years ago, I finally found a pair of sunglasses that fit my face, didn’t slide down my nose when I sweat, and were super comfy. Over the years, the lenses have gotten beat up. Went on-line and found the same glasses for an exhorbitant amount. I figured I’d try to replace the lenses...
  4. Mukman

Float tube repair

Due to my gross negligence during a house move, my float tube (Scadden Outlaw Escape) ended up spending an extended period on the sunny side of our house last summer, and one of the oar locks separated from the tube due to the glue softening and letting go. What glue and what cleaning...
  5. Mukman

Fish Identification Help

First of all, this fish was mishandled but swam away healthily. My grandson was fishing off of our dock on the Columbia between Wenatchee and Chelan enjoying slaying pikeminnow, when he caught this. I wasn’t there, so didn’t get my eyes on. I’m thinking sockeye, but didn’t think sockeye had...
  6. Mukman

Gear Costs

Lots and lots of conversations here about the benefits of buying high quality ($$$$) and I think those benefits are well established. But, what part of your gear (all of it, including clothing, flies, boats, etc) are you willing to go bargain basement on? For instance, I needed a new...
  7. Mukman

Report - Whidbey Lake

Fished a non-selective gear lake on Whidbey on Friday for the first time. After many years of Lone and Pass, I thought I'd venture out a little. Pouring down rain the whole time I was there. Fished two rods - one actively, one passively. Active was Type VI with a white booby, passive was...
  8. Mukman

Uses for broken rod?

I broke my old but well loved Echo rod, and per their (what I consider to be) reasonable policy, for $50 they sent me a new rod. Now, I have a rod that is broken 5 inches from the tip but the rest of the sections are fine. Any of you come up with uses for broken rods?
  9. Mukman

SRC Help

I would have never posted this question on the Forum Which Shall Not Be Named, because I think I would have gotten lit up. I still might, but here goes: I'm a rookie to SRC fishing. I don't want/expect anyone to share their best beaches or best flies, but what I'd like to know (so as to begin...
  10. Mukman

Marshmallows and Dick Nite spoons

My experience fishing west side lakes has been almost exclusively on selective gear water. My success on "general rules" lakes has been only so-so, but admittedly, I haven't spent much time on them. Given all the nice water on the west side, I need to expand my horizons - so my question is...
  11. Mukman

Lone Report

Got on the water about 11:00, and dragged my damn boobies all over the water for a few hours. Only picked up three, lost a few more. Had my chiro rig ready to go, but just couldn't bring myself to stop moving. Talk back at the launch was mixed - some were talking about a good day with black...