Search results

1. Bob Rankin

Cast and blast

I’ve been helping out with predator control the last 2 weeks and was starting to get burnt out. So today I decided to go fishing for the first time this year. It was clear and cold but the fishing was good at the local lake I went to. Caught one of the stocked Donkeys for the smoker😬 Here are...
  2. Bob Rankin

FS Hardy Marquis Salmon 3

For sale is a Hardy Marquis Salmon 3. Comes with spare spool. $200 shipped Can’t seem to upload a picture, so if you need pics I can send some.
  3. Bob Rankin

Waterfowl hunting, tips, pics and general

I’ll start with my story. I picked up hunting waterfowl at the ripe age of 45 and this is my second season of hunting solo on public land with no dog. Water is usually knee deep or less. If I were to give advice to a person wanting to dive into this sport of solo hike in waterfowl hunting,here...
  4. Bob Rankin

It’s here!

This is what a 4 year and 3 month wait looks like. A murdered out 4” Olson GP #345. I’m very pleased, it’s beautiful.
  5. Bob Rankin

FS Bauer CFX6 spey

For sale Bauer CFX6 spey for sale. Great reel, has a few scratches but works great. Comes only with backing. $300 shipped in US.
  6. Bob Rankin

Stone glacier Skyscraper 2 tent

Up for sale is a Stone Glacier Skyscraper 2 tent with footprint. $500 shipped. It’s only been setup one in the backyard, never slept in.
  7. Bob Rankin

Old Beauty

I picked up an old Sage Brownie 9140-4 about a week ago. It came up for sale and I just couldn’t resist owning one of these PNW legends. I’ve always kind of wanted one, I did have the greenie in the same configuration that I fished with a wind cutter in the 90’s. That thing was a tank of a rod...
  8. Bob Rankin

Wanted Hardy Marquis salmon #3, or 4” wide clicker.

Give me a holler if you have one of these collecting dust and want to part with it. Thanks Bob
  9. Bob Rankin

FS Spey lines for sale

I have some lines for sale. Godshall Scandoid 484grn 26.4’ $45 shipped in Us . Scandi long 486grn 39.4’. $45 shipped in US Far and fine spey 532grn 53.1’ $90 shipped in US (SOLD). Rage compact 480 gem 30’ $30 shipped in US Rio 10/11 AFS 42’ 625grn. $40 shipped in US
  10. Bob Rankin

What flavor of weirdness do you have?

Im sitting here this morning thinking of my particular tying weirdness. For some strange reason every time I sit down at the desk I end up tying Steelhead flys. Not sure why, I could never possibly fish all the flys I have. I guess it just makes me feel good and maybe think that I will actually...
  11. Bob Rankin

Wanted Gaelforce equalizer 54’ 7/8 532grn

Hello all Like the title says, I’m looking for one of these lines if someone has one the want to part with. Thanks Bob
  12. Bob Rankin

Stone Glacier tent, Kuat bike rack and Pivot mountain bike

I have new opened one time and set up in the backyard Stone Glacier Skyscraper 2 tent. When I set it up the one time I bent a pole. It affects it zero. I was going to have stone glacier send me a new one just because, but I never used it. $475 plus shipping. Next up is a kuat NV 2.0 bike rack...
  13. Bob Rankin

Turkey calls. What’s your favorite?

What are your favorite turkey calls? I’ve never been real serious about Turkey hunting or calling tell this year. In fact I had only hunted turkeys a few times. Last year my wife and I kind of bought our dream property( even though it’s a mess and needs a ton of work) but there are turkeys...
  14. Bob Rankin

Old haunts.

Out in Okanogan county with the family for a few days to try and work on the property and do a little fishing. Today was an adventure day, starting off with a drive to Molson and Chesaw. Then we came back to the property, grabbed some lunch and drove up to Loomis, then around Palmer lake. It was...
  15. Bob Rankin

Just got the email…!

I ordered a Olson reel in July of 2019. Just got the email that I’m 16 weeks out from delivery. I went with a 4” all black GP. I’m so pumped! It’s been a long wait😎
  16. Bob Rankin

Getting pumped for turkey season!

The kids and wife had mid winter break this week, so we headed out to Oroville to hang, camp out and put in some work on the property for the week. We showed up Friday night and got set up. Saturday morning started with the beautiful sounds of turkey everywhere!!! I counted around 120 the first...
  17. Bob Rankin

Back at it

What a beautiful morning! There out there😎
  18. Bob Rankin

FS Bauer SST7. (Sold)

Would like to sell a Bauer SST7 with backing and OPST running line. $275
  19. Bob Rankin

What are your plans for October and November?

My favorite months of the year, and I’m stuck at work. General deer season opens on Saturday, looks like I’ll be home for the last two days of it. I’m planning on putting maximum effort towards a deer for two days😬, shoot a turkey and get in some upland and duck hunting during my month home...
  20. Bob Rankin

Found some fall turkeys!

I spent Wednesday to Friday out clearing up trees and brush in the driveway of the new property this week. I could hear them when I drove in Wednesday down on the lower end of the property by the river. I didn’t think to much about except that it was nice to hear. Thursday I was having lunch...