Back at it

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Hey Bob, what do you do with coyotes?
I usually leave them where they lay. Once in awhile I’ll skin them. This particular land owner likes me to drag them out and drop them off for his cattle crews to pick up and dispose of. It’s a little tuff when your four miles from your truck, but I aim to please 😬

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Isn't there a bounty on them dogs. Or not.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
Yotes are tomorrow, then ducks again Thursday!

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
In the 1970s I used to get over $200 per coyote in the round...they were used for the pipeline workers coats muffs.
That would be nice to make a few bucks at it. I guess I’ll just stick to the exercise and hunting opportunities I get from it.

longputt

Steelhead
When they were building the Northern pipeline they needed coyote for the muff...it turns out coyote doesn't frost over. I used to get dogs before school and get a check when I got home from school.

longputt

Steelhead
I am doing ducks Thursday...but man they are getting skittish...build a great hide and don't be afraid to call them all of the way to the water. Calling at the right time is way more important than the right sound.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
I am doing ducks Thursday...but man they are getting skittish...build a great hide and don't be afraid to call them all of the way to the water. Calling at the right time is way more important than the right sound.

They sure were skittish today. It didn’t help that I had a guy not far from me sky busting birds 80 yards out…🙄

I appreciate the tips!

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
I love your posts..I was young like you many years ago..go man go! You'll have awesome stories for your friends.
Thanks for the for the kind words! I enjoy adventures and taking a few pics, I also need to remember that I like fishing as well…😂