What are your plans for October and November?

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
My favorite months of the year, and I’m stuck at work. General deer season opens on Saturday, looks like I’ll be home for the last two days of it. I’m planning on putting maximum effort towards a deer for two days😬, shoot a turkey and get in some upland and duck hunting during my month home. Need to remember that I also like to fish, so got to squeeze in some of that as well. I like being married, so…I don’t believe I’ll be going after Elk unless it’s little day rips.

How about you folks? Any hunting plans for October and November?

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
The hunting is behind me, Bob & fishing may be also. I'll content myself with Grandkids, memories & reading of hunts/fishing adventures by you and others. I'll "focus" on photography from here on out . . . it gets me outdoors and I can still do that on those days when walking around isn't prudent. Have fun, be safe.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
The hunting is behind me, Bob & fishing may be also. I'll content myself with Grandkids, memories & reading of hunts/fishing adventures by you and others. I'll "focus" on photography from here on out . . . it gets me outdoors and I can still do that on those days when walking around isn't prudent. Have fun, be safe.
I totally understand Jim. The grandkids are lucky to have your full attention. Thank you and you as well.

Reactions: HOG

Uptonogood

PNW raised
Roger that, Jim!

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
I just came back from eastern Montana, hunting for Sharpies. I'll post pics in a bit. I'm off to South Dakota again, first week of November. I like me some birds!
I’ve got some friends heading to Platte, sounds like there were three hatches and an amazing spring. Should be tons of birds! Good luck.

Chadk

Life of the Party
I spent last weekend with my sons over in Colville looking for whitetail bucks. Didn't see a single one. Did come face to face with a large black bear. That was cool. Of course, it was when I was alone and I'm the only one in the group without a tag... Then I came upon 2 groups of turkeys. Could have run them down with my knife. Bug again, kids have the tags, and I was alone. Ugh. Lots of grouse, but they were smart for a change and neve could get a clean shot. Saw a rabbit, but no shot. A few coyotes, but no shot. Several doe and fawns. I was supposed to stay the week and have my daughters join me the second weekend, but I pulled the plug and came home Tuesday. Will do some local blacktail outings until the end of the month. May go back to Colville for the late hunt - but haven't decided yet.

Replicant

Steelhead
I spent last weekend with my sons over in Colville looking for whitetail bucks. Didn't see a single one. Did come face to face with a large black bear. That was cool. Of course, it was when I was alone and I'm the only one in the group without a tag... Then I came upon 2 groups of turkeys. Could have run them down with my knife. Bug again, kids have the tags, and I was alone. Ugh. Lots of grouse, but they were smart for a change and neve could get a clean shot. Saw a rabbit, but no shot. A few coyotes, but no shot. Several doe and fawns. I was supposed to stay the week and have my daughters join me the second weekend, but I pulled the plug and came home Tuesday. Will do some local blacktail outings until the end of the month. May go back to Colville for the late hunt - but haven't decided yet.
My neighbor was up there this week. Cut his trip short, and came back today. He saw nothing.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
My neighbor was up there this week. Cut his trip short, and came back today. He saw nothing.
I think the Blue tongue from last year may have been really hard on the deer population up there.