Search results

1. ThatGuyRyRy

Kona A-Bay Areas - February 2023

Hey all, I am doing a family trip to Kona mid February this year and it finally feels close enough that it starting to feel real now. So obviously trying to get an info on fly fishing from the beach in the area. This will be my first time fishing in a tropical location, so I am looking for...
  2. ThatGuyRyRy

Non-Fly Canadian Mooching Reels

Hey guys. Question for you. Is there really any difference between a Canadian Mooching Reels and Fly reels. I bought a 9 foot rod with a two handed rod grip off the forum here and I've paired it with a tfo mangrove reel. I've that combo for tuna, but I'm not getting out this year. I've been...
  3. ThatGuyRyRy

WTT Borrow Electric Reels

Hey guys, I am heading out to Sekiu on Labor Day and am hoping to take advantage of the Halibut opener. I was wondering if anyone has some electric reels with Scotty plugs that they are willing to lend out or even rent for a couple days.
  4. ThatGuyRyRy

Non-Fly 2023 - Dirtbag PS Salty Salmon Fishing

Might as well start up the talk here. Last weekend fished up in MA 9. My inlaws have a family tradition of going to Jetty Island so I convinced them that I could ferry them on the boat instead and heck, I could go fishing with my Dad early before they got there. Ran up just short of...
  5. ThatGuyRyRy

Scotty Manual Pot Puller - $25

I upgraded to electric! I had it mounted to this wood base to mount to my Scotty bases. I can remove if you want
  6. ThatGuyRyRy

One of our members receiving some honors for research on Coho Salmon

I don't know if he ever has publicly acknowledged his work on here, but one of our members was just nominated for his research on Coho mortality. Congrats and keep up the great work on saving our salmon...
  7. ThatGuyRyRy

FS $250- Canon Easy-Troll DownRiggers

Good condition. One has brand new cable. Not pictured is the rotating bases.
  8. ThatGuyRyRy

2023 Lingcod

Anyone planning on flinging some chickens this year?
  9. ThatGuyRyRy

Volunteer Angling and Technology-Based Solutions Provide the First Estimate of Sea Lice Infections for Wild Coastal Cutthroat Trout

Cool article that I say come through today. I bet some of you on here contributed to the research and data collection for this. Volunteer Angling and Technology-Based Solutions Provide the First Estimate of Sea Lice Infections for Wild Coastal Cutthroat Trout
  10. ThatGuyRyRy

Get paid to fish

Recreational Steelhead Test Fishing & Sampling - Scientific Technician 2 at WDFW https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3829579/recreational-steelhead-test-fishing-sampling-scientific-technician-2-2-non?keywords=17244&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
  11. ThatGuyRyRy

NF CDA - mid October

Hey guys, I'm headed to CDA mid October, and having never fished there will I be too late? I'm thinking about taking the wife and and the kids up and dinking around on the bank, is the NF CDA appropriate for that and would I expect to catch some fish?
  12. ThatGuyRyRy

2 Open Seats: Salmon Friday July 15

Got green light to head up salmon fishing on Friday. Thinking MA9 but still learning to ropes up there. Thinking about bring some pots too. Would be launching somewhere on the Westside. Could likely fit two people, both chip in for gas. Downriggers, mooching, or fly rods if the opportunity...
  13. ThatGuyRyRy

Icicle River Springers

There is an extension for fishing on the Icicle River and I happen to be headed over to Levenworth this weekend. Anybody got any info for fishing over there? Are the public access spots any good, or does it become a float game? Dad would be fishing gear, but if I could rope one on the fly that...
  14. ThatGuyRyRy

FS Striker 4 Garmin Fish Finder And More!!!

For sale: SOLD $60 : Garmin Striker 4 Fish Finder. Have a newer fish finder on the boat. $40: 40 in Coleman cooler. Too big for my boat. $50: kelty base camp kids backpack $50: Topeak kids bike seat
  15. ThatGuyRyRy

Uh oh, more bad news for salmon from farming practices

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-07464-1 This showed up in my feed today. More bad news for salmon at the expense of fish farms.
  16. ThatGuyRyRy

Strait Butts

Anybody got any hints or tricks for rookie fishing for butts on the strait? Scoping out the opener and thinking of heading to PA. Standard drifting gear. Additionally, is there any consistent pattern for baitfish holding in deeper water, like leeward side?
  17. ThatGuyRyRy

Open Seat: Friday 11, or Saturday 12

Hey all, Not sure if this post should be in the gear fishing dirt-bags channel or here. I need a break so I was thinking about getting out for a couple-hour short trip to hit the tide change for blackmouth. We would drive past some consistent rezzie water, so potentially if there are signs of...