What Are You Eating?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Soup is good food as the saying goes...that looks good to me.
We are polishing off a lentil and smoked turkey soup...been nice with the 8" of snow we got the other night and now more coming tomorrow.
:)
Got some short ribs defrosting for Saturday...

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Good looking meal Brute. I see that some of your wine bottles are getting old. Good on ya' for gettin' after it and drinking them up before they go bad. I'd do the same. Although they probably wouldn't last that long in the first place.

G_Smolt

Legend
My wife left me*, so I've been cooking for one.
Prime New York strip reverse-seared to 103° internal, rested, then slapped on a screamin' hot 1K°+ grill for about 26 seconds per turn, 4 turns.
5 minutes of rest, then plated with a small side salad, aka chimichurri. Prepped, precooked and enjoyed with most of a bottle of Barolo.
20221204_173302-01.jpeg

*she went on vacation in Europe with a girlfriend, it's all good 🤣

nwbobber

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My wife left me*, so I've been cooking for one.
Prime New York strip reverse-seared to 103° internal, rested, then slapped on a screamin' hot 1K°+ grill for about 26 seconds per turn, 4 turns.
5 minutes of rest, then plated with a small side salad, aka chimichurri. Prepped, precooked and enjoyed with most of a bottle of Barolo.
View attachment 43948

*she went on vacation in Europe with a girlfriend, it's all good 🤣
You are going to send her a picture, right? Only fair.

G_Smolt

Legend
Cookin' for one, continued...

My favorite chicken and rice platform, adapted from JKLA's "Halal cart-style chicken" on the old seriouseats blog. Only real difference is I use an all-yogurt tzatziki-style sauce, and I leave out the greens more often than not.
Grilled marinated chicken thighs over cumin/turmeric rice, solidly glooped with a bunch of sauce and a pile of fresh tomatoes, topped off with harissa, flatleaf, and enough cracked black pepper to choke a horse.
Prepped while enjoying the dregs of last night's Barolo, cooked and eaten with a spiffy Gigondas.
20221205_190840-01.jpeg