What Are You Eating?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
@Triploidjunkie
I would recognize the fish n chips or tacos but what species is this - walleye? It's a nice one!
TR - walleye fisn n chips! Great walleye. (Next to ling cod, this is my favorite fish to eat up!)
Walleye is still on my list…must be hard to hook on a fly…did you catch it in a river or a lake?…when I think of walleye fishing , I think of lakes in deeper water…

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Why do you pile grass and weeds on top of your food?
Oh…I thought you were referring to the oxtail soup…that’s an edible limu (seaweed)…manauea, commonly called ogo…it gives it a crunch and is delicious…

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Walleye is still on my list…must be hard to hook on a fly…did you catch it in a river or a lake?…when I think of walleye fishing , I think of lakes in deeper water…
.........and night crawlers, and leeches, and minnows, and really good deep-fried fillets........ No?? :):)

Triploidjunkie

Life of the Party
The Columbia river in two to three feet of water about an hour after full dark. I thought for sure it was a brown until it was in the net. Actually fought pretty good.

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
I work in the grocery biz so Thursday was a day to sleep in and take it easy. My Thanksgiving dinner was last night instead. Tried to use as much as possible from the garden and foraged foods stash as possible to celebrate the season’s harvests.

Incorporated some freshly dug Cheiftain reds and Oregon Sweet Meat squash into the meal along with homegrown carrots, parsnips, onions, garlic and green beans.
D03C710C-5AAF-4213-9B05-A8E343665098.jpeg
25AAC970-1F6F-4D44-B502-9D0CAC790D9F.jpeg
Green bean casserole with this summer’s green beans, dried porcini and black trumpet bechamel and homemade French fried sweet onions from the garden.
78B2C533-48FE-43D7-93DC-D63008A9928A.jpeg
Roasted duck, wild mushroom stuffing, parsnip/potato gratin, candied sweet meat squash dusted with candy cap mushrooms and cranberry sauce made with foraged Cape Cod cranberries from a recent trip out east. Sweet meat squash pie was made as well but there was no room for that last night.
EA8A8B9C-531A-4C7F-8B98-21CD5E909091.jpeg
This morning’s breakfast…
8C88B982-5F2B-4D3E-9AE5-012C01B3EE2B.jpeg

Attachments

• 871B0EE8-7640-4792-B364-BF64DF3041A7.jpeg
    871B0EE8-7640-4792-B364-BF64DF3041A7.jpeg
    789.9 KB · Views: 1