Deals at online Retailers

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
For someone looking to get into flyfishing, Midway has a good deal ($99 or 70% off) on Redington Vice combos.

I have one of these in 6wt for throwing salmon flies in Montana. These are pretty fast rods and has become my favorite for the salmon fly hatch.

-- Allow me to STEP IN and explain --

I always tell them what I'm gonna pay. I ain't going over this!!! Take it or leave it!!!! Is what I always shout in the store. I SHOUT LOUD!! Learned from Ned Thompson who was one of the first pioneers of the THIS IS MY MAX strategy.

Main idea is you get in, physically HOLD the item and then say "20 bucks is all I'm payin!! No more!!! Deal with it!!!"

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
-- Allow me to STEP IN and explain --

I always tell them what I'm gonna pay. I ain't going over this!!! Take it or leave it!!!! Is what I always shout in the store. I SHOUT LOUD!! Learned from Ned Thompson who was one of the first pioneers of the THIS IS MY MAX strategy.

Main idea is you get in, physically HOLD the item and then say "20 bucks is all I'm payin!! No more!!! Deal with it!!!"
I'm pretty sure that's called theft.

I'm pretty sure that's called theft.
It's true that some "this is my max" programs, such as the Gain Advantage program, did hit zero. To "HIT ZERO" means to offer no money and say "I AINT PAYIN FOR THIS SHIT", and just walk out. Just leave with the item. Similar idea as theft.

But in Ned Thompson's program it was kept above zero. We never HIT ZERO. One time we got down to 50 cents for a microwave. That was probably the lowest.

Reactions: Zak
Someone revive the thread about about them ripping off customers!!! They RIPPED OFF Jeff Gibson's brother on those recent tire purchases!!! Time to have a WORD after an experience like that!!!

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
MRFC also has the slightly blemished Patagonia Foot Tractor and Patagonia River Salt wading boots on sale again for 50% off.

These retail scenarios these days are just RIPPING ME OFF these days!! Just pissing me off!! these "online retailer" type situations just ripping me off too!!!! More than the last!! Just RIPPING ME OFF!!!

• Angry
Reactions: Zak

headduck

Steelhead
When they can knock $400 off a pair of waders, (which is about $150 more than I've ever paid for a pair of waders) then somebody is getting rich!
...ish... but hand made in Bozeman... you know how expensive it is to live in Bozeman?

If everything was made by folks making a living wage while living in paradise... we'd own a lot less sh#+.

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hobby Lobby has its Master’s Touch Alcohol markers on sale for $1.77. They are normally $5.99. I stocked up on a few yesterday at my local store. There was a lot of stock on hand. I think they are discounted online as well. These are very good markers for fly tying with lots of color options.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Hobby Lobby has its Master’s Touch Alcohol markers on sale for $1.77. They are normally $5.99. I stocked up on a few yesterday at my local store. There was a lot of stock on hand. I think they are discounted online as well. These are very good markers for fly tying with lots of color options.

Thx. I tied some flies and marked them with colored sharpies on hand this winter and I liked the look. This is something I want to play with more.

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

Not familiar with these. Are they permanent and waterproof?

Thnx