WTF, WDFW?

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
They mock and despise the people and the lifestyle of the 509.
I used to push back on this idea, and I was wrong. There is, has been, and will continue to be a heavy layer of distain toward the eastern half of Washington and Oregon (from the West side of OR, WA, as well as this new distain that comes from Californians who’ve moved to here, which is hilariously confusing).

longputt

Steelhead
I used to push back on this idea, and I was wrong. There is, has been, and will continue to be a heavy layer of distain toward the eastern half of Washington and Oregon (from the West side of OR, WA, as well as this new distain that comes from Californians who’ve moved to here, which is hilariously confusing).
Almost all of my extended family lives in W WA after moving from E WA and I am amazed how different their opinions have become.

I wonder if something like this would actually drive the separation of E and W WA? I've always thought the proposal was foolish but maybe this is a tipping point?

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Keep in mind that for any distain heading from west -> east, there's a similar vibe heading from east -> west. That's how "us vs. them" and the politics of division works. While both sides may claim to be both, neither side is righteous or immune.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
Keep in mind that for any distain heading from west -> east, there's a similar vibe heading from east -> west. That's how "us vs. them" and the politics of division works. While both sides may claim to be both, neither side is righteous or immune.
That’s fine, but where does the political power reside?

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
That’s fine, but where does the political power reside?
Ideally political power resides in the hands of those who care enough to vote, but it seems like it's mostly in the hands of lobbyists, churches, and PACs these days.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
Ideally political power resides in the hands of those who care enough to vote, but it seems like it's mostly in the hands of lobbyists, churches, and PACs these days.
There is no entity, aside from the ag lobby and BPA and maybe a few other industrial groups, that has any political influence from the Eastside of this state or Oregon. The mass of voters resides on the Westside, and that’s where the voting power is.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
That's because the majority of voters live there, and they vote. Should a bunch of people move to the channeled scablands and build houses and businesses, after a few decades of growth then maybe then political power will be centered there...🤣

BTW, it is disdain not distain...for all you inbred, uneducated e wa types...just continuing the narrative you all like to push here.
Lol
;)

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
I hear you all, and it’s truly sad to see what’s happening and what could be coming in the future. I’m not going to wax my opinions on the WDFW, but Im going to continue to take advantage of every hunting/ fishing opportunity on public and private land I can in this state tell it’s gone. I’ll continue to look forward, because looking back is to depressing and I’m not heading that way. There are plenty of other states that have great hunting and fishing, I guess I’ll just give them my money when the time comes…

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
That's because the majority of voters live there, and they vote. Should a bunch of people move to the channeled scablands and build houses and businesses, after a few decades of growth then maybe then political power will be centered there...🤣

BTW, it is disdain not distain...for all you inbred, uneducated e wa types...just continuing the narrative you all like to push here.
Lol
;)
Nice work, copy editor!

No, I don’t want wonton growth for no reason, that’s why I don’t choose to live in the city. Many states have an urban/rural divide and ours is stark.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Lol
;)
I'm a genetically diverse, graduate degree holding w WA type (originally from California so bonus points) and I repeated the misspelling without the SIC. I'm feeling pretty wonky about myself now. 😜

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nice work, copy editor!

No, I don’t want wonton growth for no reason, that’s why I don’t choose to live in the city. Many states have an urban/rural divide and ours is stark.
As a Chinese guy I am all for wonton growth for any reason! I wish I could get good wontons in my rural area. 😉

In all seriousness, curbing wanton growth for no reason is one of the biggest reasons women's reproductive health is such a hot topic these days, and it seems like the stereotypical E WA voter is going about this backwards.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
No hate for eastern WA as I've owned property there.
As a King Co tax payer, I'd have no problem with the formation of Greater Idaho.
It would just mean a lot more of my own and the counties tax dollars would actually go to where they are generated, rather than paying for other counties nice things.
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
No hate for eastern WA as I've owned property there.
As a King Co tax payer, I'd have no problem with the formation of Greater Idaho.
It would just mean a lot more of my own and the counties tax dollars would actually go to where they are generated, rather than paying for other counties nice things.
SF
Without the constant yearly influx of w wa tax dollars and the massive federal expenditures in years past, most of e wa would be a god forsaken dry and dusty desert inhabited by inbreds....

Oh....wait a minute....
;)

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
As a Chinese guy I am all for wonton growth for any reason! I wish I could get good wontons in my rural area. 😉

In all seriousness, curbing wanton growth for no reason is one of the biggest reasons women's reproductive health is such a hot topic these days, and it seems like the stereotypical E WA voter is going about this backwards.
What a fantastic turn of events!

smc

Guppy Chow
There is no entity, aside from the ag lobby and BPA and maybe a few other industrial groups, that has any political influence from the Eastside of this state or Oregon. The mass of voters resides on the Westside, and that’s where the voting power is
In the context of the (title of) the original post, I'd say the WDFW screws the Eastside & Westside differently, but equally. WTF for sure.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
Without the constant yearly influx of w wa tax dollars and the massive federal expenditures in years past, most of e wa would be a god forsaken dry and dusty desert inhabited by inbreds....

Oh....wait a minute....
;)
40C31C90-EC6D-4C5B-87F3-77D6B255A162.jpeg

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Kinda straying off the WDFW topic, aren't we?

"east v west" BS posting here doesn't really help anything and mostly just makes people feel like they are getting shit on. I know both terrible and amazing people on the east and west side of the cascade range. Geolocation has very little to do with human quality, as far as I've ever seen.

If you want to throw a whole geographic location of people under the bus for some sterotype you think you see, this isn't the place for it. Twitter is where you want to be.