NFR World Cup

Non-fishing related

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
After 30 years of playin’ the game…it does hurt. But, ya had to take me out with a gun, to get me down.

As for some the of candy-assed players who hit the turf like a semi hit them and rollin 20’ft….pick your sorry asses up and play the game.

Better than that…play it like ya wanna win it. Attack for f-sakes!!!

There’s no excuse for 0-0 ties…you’re professionals…elite players…put the ball in the back of the ol’ onion bag!!!

Scoring’ goals is like shootin’ free-throws….practice, practice, practice. Some of the players look like they have never taken a shot on goal before!!

Makes me wonder how in the hell they even made the squad???

(Rant over)
More reason to appreciate the true masters like Lio Messi.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Germany versus Japan another great game! Japan's quickness and great game plan overcomes the German size and precision with 2 second half goals for a 2 to 1 win.
They used to be outclassed in all respects of the game, but have steadily been improving over the years. They are a fun team to watch.

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
Germany versus Japan another great game! Japan's quickness and great game plan overcomes the German size and precision with 2 second half goals for a 2 to 1 win.
Such a good game! Crazy response from Japan. You can just see their formation and tactics change throughout the game to come back and win.

Now on to Spain v Costa Rica. Maybe another upset?

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
Such a good game! Crazy response from Japan. You can just see their formation and tactics change throughout the game to come back and win.

Now on to Spain v Costa Rica. Maybe another upset?
Not looking like it unfortunately.

That first touch on the second Japan goal was unbelievable, and the strike reminded me of Landon Donovan's goal against Slovenia in 2010

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Canada versus Belgium, 2:00 PM my time/11:00 Pacific (have I mentioned I hate eastern time)

Go Canada!!

cheers

Big Tuna

Steelhead

mems

Steelhead
Budweiser is giving away the extra beer to the winning country for a big huge beer fest. Go USA!

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
I'm 79 and grew up thinking soccer was some strange, backward European game. I remember once, in jr. high, our gym teacher brought in some German kid, who was visiting our city, to demonstrate a bit of soccer ball handling - or should I say "footling". It appeared the kid had an invisible string or rope connecting his feet to the soccer ball. We all just watched with our mouths open in stunned silence. I'll never forget that demo.

Fast forward to around 1980/1990....... Because of the media attention surrounding the World Cup, I tried watching one or two of the few games that were televised. Having grown up playing & watching American football, it was difficult to "get into" the games, but I could not help really appreciating the high level of athleticism.

So anyway, today, while I don't pretend to understand all of soccer's strategic nuances, I usually enjoy these games. Especially when the agreed-upon underdog wins.

One more thing: Japan's second and winning goal against Germany this morning was a monumentally hard-to-comprehend feat of athletic perfection and beauty. If you missed it, you should try to catch a replay. I'm sure it's on YouTube. I'm thinking it might be worth your trouble.....🙂🙂.