NFR World Cup

Non-fishing related

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Thread title needs a NFR by the way.

How does a country like Qatar get to host the world cup? Bribing FIFA officials like countries do to host the Olympics? And no beer in the stadium? Qatarian Muslims are entitled to be crazy azzed sons-a-bitches, but no beer makes a mockery of the world cup. Not to mention double-crossing Budweiser after they committed $75 million to the event.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I know it’s a big deal in many countries, but no interest on my part.
I like the other football a lot more.
SF

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

How does a country like Qatar get to host the world cup? Bribing FIFA officials like countries do to host the Olympics? And no beer in the stadium? Qatarian Muslims are entitled to be crazy azzed sons-a-bitches, but no beer makes a mockery of the world cup. Not to mention double-crossing Budweiser after they committed $75 million to the event.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Just as in everything else
I think they are 10 years into the prep

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I will watch the game this friday at 11am.

Then i will cherry pick just as i do with all sporting events.

Smalma

Life of the Party
Our house is watching the world's "futebol" tournament! The US men's team was lucky to get a draw today. With only one shot on goal it is pretty difficult to score.

They are young team that made this year's world after missing the 2018 cup. Even before today I thought it was a coin toss for the USA Team to make it out of the group play to the round of sixteen.

Curt

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Just watched the USA highlights. Only one shot on goal but that was a pretty sick goal.
It was rather inconsiderate of them to plan the games at very inconvenient times for working stiffs in the USA.
FIFA is just the worst, for so many reasons.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

So you think other countries that have completely different cultures and belief systems from the USA shouldn't be able to host sporting events that involve teams from all over the planet? I think that's sort of the interesting part, honestly.
It was rather inconsiderate of them to plan the games at very inconvenient times for working stiffs in the USA.
Do you understand how time zones work?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
So you think other countries that have completely different cultures and belief systems from the USA shouldn't be able to host sporting events that involve teams from all over the planet? I think that's sort of the interesting part, honestly.

I believe when they first bid to host the World Cup, they may not even had a team yet…

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846

REALLY PEOPLE....!!! SMH

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
I’m going to venture a guess. He’s joking.
Looking for a rise….I came up and turned away. Like this sham if a tourney it looks good but when you get close just not worth it.

Also for me Scotland continue to be spectacularly poor and I’m over hating England There’s lots of good journalism or tv documentaries for folks to make your minds up.

The FIFA head’s speech was spectacular…worth a watch or read.

Dave