NFR World Cup

Non-fishing related

mems

Steelhead
What country go you think the lack of alcohol is hurting more? We went to the 94 World Cup in Orlando. I asked the Irish fans if they drank more after a loss or a win. He said it didn’t matter they still drank a lot.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
So you think other countries that have completely different cultures and belief systems from the USA shouldn't be able to host sporting events that involve teams from all over the planet? I think that's sort of the interesting part, honestly.

Do you understand how time zones work?
It's not about the USA. USA barely figures in the world of soccer. But most soccer nations are beer drinking nations. I think part of the process of bidding to host an international event is how the host nation will accommodate those of different cultures. I don't blame Qatar for bribing (if that's what they did) to get the world cup. I blame FIFA for giving it to Qatar, knowing that in the world of soccer culture, it's Qatar that are the misfits. Allez!

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Well the Socceroos lost to France. They got smoked.

Alternatively France scored 40% of all the goals scored in the 5 games so far. So you may not want to fight a war with France on your side, but when it comes to futbol, beware, those baguette munching, accordion playing, mime connoisseurs are remarkable.

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
Well the Socceroos lost to France. They got smoked.

Alternatively France scored 40% of all the goals scored in the 5 games so far. So you may not want to fight a war with France on your side, but when it comes to futbol, beware, those baguette munching, accordion playing, mime connoisseurs are remarkable.
You forgot rifle-dropping, cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

But in all seriousness, they have remarkable depth and quality. Several significant injuries to players and they still looked incredible. They just might repeat as champs

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
After watching parts of a couple games, I realized why I’m not a big soccer…excuse me futbol…fan. I’ve never seen a bigger bunch of floppers in my life…every 3.5 minutes someone is falling down holding a body part as if shot with a rifle…it’s worse (if you can believe it) than the NBA…

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
After watching parts of a couple games, I realized why I’m not a big soccer…excuse me futbol…fan. I’ve never seen a bigger bunch of floppers in my life…every 3.5 minutes someone is falling down holding a body part as if shot with a rifle…it’s worse (if you can believe it) than the NBA…
Have you played before? You only really understand why they hold their bodies and roll around until you actually play the game. Of course some of it is exaggerated but it's only exaggerated so the ref knows that it was a foul and that he was clipped or stepped on. After 8 years of playing soccer, I can tell you it really fricking hurts to get stepped on. Even if it seems like it's not very hard it hurts.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Unless you watch Lebron… 😳🤦🏼‍♂️

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Have you played before? You only really understand why they hold their bodies and roll around until you actually play the game. Of course some of it is exaggerated but it's only exaggerated so the ref knows that it was a foul and that he was clipped or stepped on. After 8 years of playing soccer, I can tell you it really fricking hurts to get stepped on. Even if it seems like it's not very hard it hurts.
After 30 years of playin’ the game…it does hurt. But, ya had to take me out with a gun, to get me down.

As for some the of candy-assed players who hit the turf like a semi hit them and rollin 20’ft….pick your sorry asses up and play the game.

Better than that…play it like ya wanna win it. Attack for f-sakes!!!

There’s no excuse for 0-0 ties…you’re professionals…elite players…put the ball in the back of the ol’ onion bag!!!

Scoring’ goals is like shootin’ free-throws….practice, practice, practice. Some of the players look like they have never taken a shot on goal before!!

Makes me wonder how in the hell they even made the squad???

(Rant over)

Last edited: