NFR Woodstock ‘99 - Netflix

Non-fishing related

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Watching the Netflix show reminded me I saw James Brown at the Paramount in Seattle in ‘98 or ‘99. Hell of a good show.
I saw him sometime in the 90's back when they did "concerts on the pier" down on the waterfront. Quality show even at the age/condition he was in at that point.

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Was talking to the european bus driver for Shrimp Basket .err Limp Biscuit, and he drove them when they were in big festivals to where a couple years later they were playing mostly empty bullfighting rings. Guess Fred was mostly hiding out depressed in the bunks all day. The swagger was gone.

Last edited:

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
I saw him sometime in the 90's back when they did "concerts on the pier" down on the waterfront. Quality show even at the age/condition he was in at that point.
Those pier concerts were great! A couple highlights from the 90’s for me were Ben Harper (98) and Ween (99). Small(ish) outdoor shows in a spectacular setting.

Anyone else go to the original Pain In The Grass shows in the early 90’s at the Mural Amphitheater? Saw a bunch of fun shows with mostly local bands and sometimes bands from Vancouver BC or PDX. They must have been free because I remember finding a group to go with and finding parking then spending the evening watching the shows and getting a hotdog or something at the Seattle Center. Very accessible format for the young and broke.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Was talking to the European bus driver for Shrimp Basket .err Limp Biscuit, and he drove them when they were in big festivals to where a couple years later they were playing mostly empty bullfighting rings. Guess Fred was mostly hiding out depressed in the bunks all day. The swagger was gone.
I've never actually seen LB live, but I've seen Korn several times. They'd roll through PDX and play at tiny little places like The Roseland....talk about a blast of energy, even at those small shows. I never did care for the vocals all that much, but I absolutely love Fieldy's style on his bass.

It really is amazing how quickly most of that genre popped and how quickly they came down.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Was talking to the european bus driver for Shrimp Basket .err Limp Biscuit, and he drove them when they were in big festivals to where a couple years later they were playing mostly empty bullfighting rings. Guess Fred was mostly hiding out depressed in the bunks all day. The swagger was gone.

That's cause it wasn't real or there to begin with. It's a hard thing for a man to confront his own lack of talent. I know I certainly did with fly casting. I just hung out and rowed. Depressed.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Korn's debut album is great, thou not a fan of any other lp's.
Some good riffs and pretty raw.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Honestly...I don't give two shits about what Mark says about anything. Or the rest of the talking heads for that matter.

If the shoe were on the other foot you'd care. Tying back into the thread, there would be riots and our cities would be burning.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
If the shoe were on the other foot you'd care. Tying back into the thread, there would be riots and our cities would be burning.
I'm not sure what we're even talking about here...Not sure what the shoe is...or the foot.
I've got quite a few things going on right now that take center stage and require my attention because they are life altering events. These things are not going away no matter how many whiney billionaires talk to shock jocks about their pet peeve of the day or what happened to them years ago that they believe, because they are so self important, we all need to get riled the fuck up about.

I am however grateful that legislation was just passed that might make the price of these bottles of medication in my house go down from $4500 for a two week supply to something more reasonable.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Since you went there, has there been any discussion in the secret society about Zuckfuck's comments on Rogan this week?
Since I don't know what he said I'm not sure what foot my shoe is on.

However, my stoke is high for next month's trip!

Chris Bellows

Steelhead
For some reason I have no memory of this. Probably because I was living in a shack in the woods in the Skagit Valley with no running water.

But I’m 2 episodes in and it is so good. The Limp Bizkit segment is bad ass. View attachment 29390

The late 90’s has to be the era of ecstasy.

It wasn't the ecstasy. Make water as expensive as beer and wonder why shit goes sideways. Drunk people at mellow shows behave badly.

t_law

Steelhead
They were rioting because they had to listen to Limp Dickshit! Swimmy, what frat were you in?

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
The holy trinity of terrible, unforgivably bad music was Limp Bizkit, Korn and Kid Rock. Legend has it, if you play all 3 at the same time you transport through a portal and come out the other side in a sweaty wife beater, a backwards hat and 30k in uncollected child support but you do get a complimentary 6er of steel reserve tall boys for your trouble. That was a dark era for rock music but thankfully we did survive.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
For the fun of it, just worked out to this.

iWv7I1bp_o.gif