NFR Woodstock ‘99 - Netflix

Non-fishing related

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
For some reason I have no memory of this. Probably because I was living in a shack in the woods in the Skagit Valley with no running water.

But I’m 2 episodes in and it is so good. The Limp Bizkit segment is bad ass. 1661639302482.gif

The late 90’s has to be the era of ecstasy.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
Just watched the first segment. Sketchy! I attended a different stupid big concert that year, Phish’s New Years show at Big Cypress outside Miami. Music was the biggest part of my life at the time and a concert going buddy talked me into flying across the country to attend. Holy crap I’m glad we didn’t go to Woodstock 99.
3FDD4E6A-2991-4D8D-8FBB-BB0D7A255534.jpeg

Only 100k people and definitely not an aggressive crowd but still enough to cure my interest in going to big shows. Plenty of extracurricular stuff going down at that one!

Reactions: Zak

swimmy

I came away from that series with a much different opinion...

My takeaway is those producers were extremely naïve and I'm surprised they didn't face lawsuits. The shit water was a nice touch.

I still can't get over the crowd. The 25 min mark in the Bizkit video is pure fire.

And right before when he's trolling the producers. "They want you to mellow out. Mellow out? Fuck that. You can take your burkenstock rock and shove it up your fucking ass!"
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Peace and love, peace and love. Let's break some shit.

swimmy

Did you make it out for Jan. 6th?

Since you went there, has there been any discussion in the secret society about Zuckfuck's comments on Rogan this week?

Wish Rage would come out with a statement or write a song calling this out. Wasn't shit like this their whole purpose?

But they won't because they are posers.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
And right before when he's trolling the producers. "They want you to mellow out. Mellow out? Fuck that. You can take your burkenstock rock and shove it up your fucking ass!"
JSDFwlvf_o.gif
Who's the guy that booked Willie?

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Since you went there, has there been any discussion in the secret society about Zuckfuck's comments on Rogan this week?

Wish Rage would come out with a statement or write a song calling this out. Wasn't shit like this their whole purpose?

But they won't because they are posers.
Honestly...I don't give two shits about what Mark says about anything. Or the rest of the talking heads for that matter.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I remember watching some of that and thinking, damn, I'm glad I didn't go (seriously thought about it because there were a lot of bands I really liked at the time). I had no idea they made a Netflix show about it (apparently I've been living under a rock)....I'll definitely check that out.

I've been to several of the Rockfests here in Portland and my favorite was Slayer/Slipknot/Mudvayne/STP all in one show. I ventured down into the pit when Slayer was playing and man, what an experience. The energy, while mostly safe. Slipknot was an entirely different story....energy but not safe in the slightest. After I got out of there during their set, I saw some many bloodied people stumble out.

Last edited:

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My takeaway is those producers were extremely naïve and I'm surprised they didn't face lawsuits. The shit water was a nice touch.

I still can't get over the crowd. The 25 min mark in the Bizkit video is pure fire.

JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Peace and love, peace and love. Let's break some shit.

To be fair Korn fans and Limp Bizkit fans have zero taste so shit in the water likely wouldn't be detected. This whole event made me hate frat boy style people a little more. If I was in charge I would have called in an air strike on the whole venue. Yes controversial but America would be better off as those folks wouldn't have reproduced and be raising their larvae currently. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in the big picture. I firmly believe their continued existence is the butterfly effect that has the place in such shambles. If you could kill Ted Bundy or Hitler as a child would you? These are the questions I would wrestle with as the Sandys swooped low and came on target.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
If I had gone, I probably would have been at the stage where Godsmack, Megadeth were headlining on Saturday....a bit better than LB (although at the time, Fed Durst knew how to work a crowd).

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Love Korns first few albums very raw, creative, dark.... later stuff not so much. Made the mistake of seeing them a few years ago at the Moda center and it was the lamest set ever. Only band I have ever seen that didn't play an encore. Last song, boom lights on, everyone standing around going wtf... Saw the bizkit along with Metallica and Mulvane and Deftones at some arena show up in Seattle when I was in JR high, my dad drove me and a bunch of friends to see it. That might have been 99, same year as this festival. Limp bizkits set was a constant hail of waterbottles on stage I think he even stopped the set a walked off for a bit.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
Watching the Netflix show reminded me I saw James Brown at the Paramount in Seattle in ‘98 or ‘99. Hell of a good show.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Watching the Netflix show reminded me I saw James Brown at the Paramount in Seattle in ‘98 or ‘99. Hell of a good show.

I was there as well. There's a man who knew what showmanship and pouring a heaping helping of soul on everything was all about.