What have you done for your boat lately?

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
It’s a cnc cut kit I built from Sam Devlin in Olympia called Candlefish 16. Stitched and glue construction, glassed all throughout. I designed and added the center console myself, it’s supposed to be a tiller.

View attachment 84057View attachment 84058View attachment 84059View attachment 84060
Wow! Beautiful and looks to be a perfect Puget sound flyfishing/family fun boat!

I’ve drooled at the PT Skiff. There was a used one at the festival this year, but $26,000 is a lot of money. It’s powered by a 15hp outboard.

IMG_3283.jpeg It Looks similar to your boat.?. Stitch and glue.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Wow! Beautiful and looks to be a perfect Puget sound flyfishing/family fun boat!

I’ve drooled at the PT Skiff. There was a used one at the festival this year, but $26,000 is a lot of money. It’s powered by a 15hp outboard.

View attachment 86275 It Looks similar to your boat.?. Stitch and glue.
I love the lines of that PT skiff, that was the boat I wanted to build in the first place but she’s too long and won’t be able to fit in my garage. 16ft boat with trailer is about the max, and it’s important for me to be able to store it indoor.
My boat is a Devlin candlefish 16, also stitch and glue construction.
Interesting choice of 15hp motor, PT skiff can take up to 25hp I believe.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
I built a platform to provide the front deck a flat surface to stand on. The angled floor was just not comfortable and fly lines lended to roll to the middle on top of your feet resulting in tangles and being stepped on, no bueno.
Been wanting to do this for a long time, it was a lot of work to cut and trim/sand the pieces to fit all those curves. Getting in and out of the boat repeatedly with a big piece of plywood is a PITA!

IMG_0656.jpegIMG_0645.jpegIMG_0647.jpegIMG_0657.jpegIMG_0658.jpegIMG_0661.jpegIMG_0664.jpegIMG_0665.jpegIMG_0668.jpegIMG_0669.jpegIMG_0676.jpeg

It’s finally done, waiting for the epoxy paint to dry and seadek foam mat to arrive.

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
I built a platform to provide the front deck a flat surface to stand on. The angled floor was just not comfortable and fly lines lended to roll to the middle on top of your feet resulting in tangles and being stepped on, no bueno.

Nice work in the casting platform! You’re going to love that!

I have a garage with 16’ max boat, and yes, inside storage is mandatory.

Thank you for sharing your boat and making me aware of the Candlefish!

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
One of the best things I did to my boat was installing a Fulton swing arm kit for the tongue, so nice to get that shin buster out of the way when inside the garage. And when put outside for the winter, 5 mins to completely remove the tongue for extra security.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Been wanting to do this for a long time, it was a lot of work to cut and trim/sand the pieces to fit all those curves. Getting in and out of the boat repeatedly with a big piece of plywood is a PITA!

View attachment 86330View attachment 86331View attachment 86332View attachment 86333View attachment 86334View attachment 86335View attachment 86336View attachment 86337View attachment 86338View attachment 86339View attachment 86340

It’s finally done, waiting for the epoxy paint to dry and seadek foam mat to arrive.

That’s all the support under that front deck. I need to step up the diet plan :ROFLMAO:.

I love my boat but will say @Kfish boat is a real beaut. Pretty awesome building something like that and the upgrades he’s made to it as of late make it a killer PS and lake fishing machine.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
That’s all the support under that front deck. I need to step up the diet plan :ROFLMAO:.

I love my boat but will say @Kfish boat is a real beaut. Pretty awesome building something like that and the upgrades he’s made to it as of late make it a killer PS and lake fishing machine.
Don’t worry that’s been factored in, it’s primo marine plywood for that beam :)

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
A quick fix. Installed an adjustable step to make it easier to get my creaky butt in and out of the boat while it is on the trailer without having to look for a step ladder at home or carry one to the launch.

PXL_20231210_220705491.jpg

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have an old snow machine trailer that i use to carry my raft. I recently replaced the aged tongue with one that is 3' longer, fixed the tilt mechanism and replaced the old ball seat with a new 2" one.

Now I have to learn how to back it all over again! Compared to the short tongue version that should take about a minute!

Coho

Freshly Spawned
Installed a Minn Kota Riptide Terrova for my boat, spot lock is going to be so good.

Had to make a platform for the bow to level, it’s a raised bow, small pieces since I don't have a big enough saw to cut one solid chunk at that angle.

View attachment 83981

The paint was still good from when she was painted 10yrs ago.

View attachment 83982

View attachment 83983

Took part of the trailer head out to test it.

View attachment 83984

View attachment 83985View attachment 83986

Made a switch for the directional heading puck.

View attachment 83987View attachment 83988View attachment 83989
Beautiful boat. Where did you get the support bracket that attaches to the shaft while the motor is up?

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Thanks! After searching around there wasn’t a support arm long enough for my need so I put together this Railblaza system with an extension arm. Works great.

IMG_2601.jpeg
IMG_2602.jpeg
IMG_2600.jpeg