What are you watching?

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
The Red Green Show (S1E1) as I sit in the woodshop waiting for glue to dry.

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Ya gotta watch "Violent Night". LMAO!
Destined to be another Christmas "must watch". Think "Bad Santa meets Die Hard"!:ROFLMAO:

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Need to start on Fargo.

We have been watching Slow Horses the last couple weeks. Seasons one and two were good and a great set up for season three which we finished last night. From the previews it looks like much of season 4 has been shot. I wonder when it will be released.

The humor in season three took a jump that wouldn't have been possible without learning about the character's traits in the first two seasons. Did anyone notice an improvement in production value in season two, like shooting with better equipment?

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Suits on Netflix. I worked with attorneys for years, and this series is entertaining. And fairly plausible until the end of season 5.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
We finished the new Star Trek Picard a while back. We liked it enough that my wife wanted to see the old Next Generation series. New to her, but interesting for me seeing again 3 decades later. Definitely has it's hokey parts, but also some visionary surprises. Considering no planets had yet been discovered around other stars (the known exoplanet count is now 5000+). Not to mention advances in technology.

Case in point, season 2, episode 9, which explores whether AI can actually be sentient, and if so, have rights as a lifeform. Or, if artificial beings are forever relegated to being "property" and therefore effectively slaves. We might not be to that point yet, but the rate at which things are advancing is alarming to say the least.

Themes and influence[edit]​

"The Measure of a Man" has been given as an example of the complexity and depth of Star Trek.[12] The subject matter has been seen as ranging from the rights of artificial lifeforms to slavery.[13] In the wake of discussions regarding the ethical and moral dilemmas of computer scientists, the episode also received attention amongst academe and was used as lecture material, including in a course on Computer Ethics at the University of Kentucky, in a section covering robot and cyborg rights.[14] The idea of non-human ethics had been discussed prior to "The Measure of a Man" in papers and books such as Animal Liberation: a New Ethics for our Treatment of Animals by Peter Singer in 1977 and On Being Morally Considerable by K. E. Goodpaster in 1978.[15]

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Six Nations on Netflix, documentary of the England, France, Ireland, Italy, Wales, and Scotland rugby teams playing for their league Championship.
If you think American football players are tough...

RCF

Life of the Party
This is black history month. History Channel and NatGeo have some great movies/documentaries. Lots to learn about stuff we never got to learn about in school. Some of it is pretty amazing and others very sad. IF you are so inclined, worth looking into...

Last edited: