What Are You Eating?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Isn't Pinot Noir a tad light for a hearty Bolognese dish? My wine mentors learned me to pair something like merlot or zin with such hearty fare.
I love this comment
My ex is a sommelier. I didn’t even know what that was so when she told me I thought she was sick with a weird disease
Anyway
That’s it 😜
Chianti Classico or Brunello for me, but that is a fine Pinot, and Brute loves him some Pinot based wines from what he's posted on here.

:)
Hehe... we were drinking pinots well before the bolognese was finished...

I could have uncorked a beautiful brunello, or a serious bordeaux, or a big napa cab...

I'm now uncorking a beer...so to speak...

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
With Labor Day coming up, trying to decide what to cook up for the holiday weekend.
Nice weather, should grill up something, but might just go Italian and have some caprese and a nice pasta, just to have an excuse to uncork a Chianti...

Who am I kidding, I'll be uncorking one anyway.

Note:
Retired folks are not allowed to celebrate Labor Day, it is for working people.

:)
The NYT grilled tri-tip has become a tradition around here. Thanks for reminding me to take one out of the freezer!

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
The NYT grilled tri-tip has become a tradition around here. Thanks for reminding me to take one out of the freezer!
I put the wrong recipe up, this is the one I use (with some coffee and clove in the dry rub).

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Some grilled beast with risotto side and an organically grown 'backyard to table' tomato with sustainable, fair trade organic backyard basil and some cheese from a store, vinegar and oil.
Spanish wine that was a good pairing, at least till it was gone.
;)20220903_173421.jpg

Last edited: