What Are You Eating?

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Roll your own hoagies using commercial cold cut packs, thinly sliced tomatoes, provolone, shredded iceberg, mayo, seasoned hoagie oil, and bread from Jimmie John's.

This isn't gourmet or for a large crowd, its just 4 of us here

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
One of those work from home lunches that ended up insanely good. Rice, sautéed spinach with sesame oil, 2 kinds of furikake, black sesame, kimchi, pickled ginger, broccoli slaw, purple onion, sarayo, smoked tuna belly

F686874C-1098-4547-B331-98FE04882475.jpeg

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Feedback from the family is "best chicken wings ever!"
How were the potatoes? I suspect they were really damn good.

I noticed you've got all drumettes, no flats. On purpose, or just what was supplied? I actually like the flats better, but they seem proportionally missing in bags of frozen wings, and at restaurants too. Where do they go?

Zak

Legend
How were the potatoes? I suspect they were really damn good.

I noticed you've got all drumettes, no flats. On purpose, or just what was supplied? I actually like the flats better, but they seem proportionally missing in bags of frozen wings, and at restaurants too. Where do they go?
The potatoes were really good. They fried in the chicken fat from the drumettes. The recipe suggested drumettes, so I bought those (air chilled at QFC). I think mixed flats and drumettes would work just as well, though.

The Costco big bag of frozen chicken wings is my go to. I'll use that next time.