What are you drinking?

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What am I drinking? Well some cheap white wine today but on Friday a friend is arriving with the good stuff. She has recently completed a course at the wine academy and is anxious to display her newly earned skills. I asked her to compliment some 1 3/4" grass fed steaks that I will sous vide and finish on the Blackstone. Good times ahead.

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What am I drinking? Well some cheap white wine today but on Friday a friend is arriving with the good stuff. She has recently completed a course at the wine academy and is anxious to display her newly earned skills. I asked her to compliment some 1 3/4" grass fed steaks that I will sous vide and finish on the Blackstone. Good times ahead.
Having friends over for a 2.25# cowboy rib eye tomorrow that I plan to sous vide also.
Still debating the finish method.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Not milkshakes from Frugals restaurant in Tacoma

Perhaps this should go as a separate topic just in case any members frequent this place?
I only had my equipment tested once by Washington department of ag. After the last big listeria outbreak, I think that was blue bunny? Maybe 8 years ago. That was a different license, for sales to grocery stores, things with nutrition labels. Restaurant inspection, they have never even looked in my machine. I'm guessing this was one of those soft serve machines with a refridgerated hopper. Ice machine and soda fountain lines can get nasty too.

CRequa

Steelhead
Didn't see a thread for this topic yet...

My partner bought some blackberry hard seltzers thinking they were saisons. I'm mixing this trash with low ABV Uinta lime pilsners just to make it drinkable. Wish real beer could show up here on the Utah grocery store shelves...
Sad to read this I'm headed that way as soon as my house sells, guess it's whiskey n tequila

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Gin & tonic. I'd never had one until last month as we came off the Dean. I don't drink much hard liqueur, so had never crossed paths with one. Turns out it's very refreshing in hot weather, like a good beer only less filling. Just had one now. A friend from the SW who visits every summer left a good bottle in my cupboard cuz that's his every afternoon drink. So I helped my self and made a few now. Good thing the weather and season is changing or I might have to buy a bottle of gin my self.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Gin and Tonics are a great hot weather drink, a nice change of pace with a twist of lime. We have them a few times a year, and walk around the property while we survey things that need to be done.
🙂

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
We like Cadee Citrus Gin in ours, but with a nice squeeze of lime for sure, a tiny splash of orange liqueur is good also.

Reactions: RCF

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Found this one at Total Wine yesterday. Smooth, great flavor, no bite. It has high rye content…
IMG_8065.jpeg