The good boat deal thread

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Don’t have Facebook. Where is this and does it have a trailer?

Edit: wait a minute it’s more expensive than they were new
It's in Auburn. No trailer.

Just about all rafts are more than new right now. I could sell my OSG Striker for more than I paid for it in 2019.
That's a decent deal for a 3 man Catchercraft. Those things are tough.

Here's the details of the add-
Screenshot_20240209_093719_Facebook.jpg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Good thing I intend to drive my Ram 1500 into the ground, then rebuild it and drive it back in.
Mine is one of those 5'7" beds with four doors and big backseat, it's really comfortable when I load up people. The bed's not practical to sleep in but that's not important to me. The truck itself is simply a truck part time, a boat towing rig at others and never will be a construction vehicle; I really like the truck. At my age I figure this truck is the last one I will need.

Now: back to our regularly scheduled "good deal on boats".

RCF

Life of the Party
View attachment 102903

This could be a deal for someone who wants a little bass-ish boat with a small 4 stroke. Though, between it being a livingston and the plywood decking, it's gotta weigh a ton.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/704580455083309/

You are correct about it weighing a ton. My 10' Livingston is 200+ pounds. Add decking, motor, Gas, gear, etc. it is definitely very heavy..

The weight is why I am looking for another and lighter boat. Hope to find one with a drain plug to keep the rain water out or at reduce my rain guage.

Cool setup for sure.

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Cool setup for sure.
I think you'd want to get a different trailer setup going. That one looks difficult to launch from, especially with the weight of the livingston. But I think there's a fair number of places you could get into a lot of bass with a little boat like that.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
You are correct about it weighing a ton. My 10' Livingston is 200+ pounds. Add decking, motor, Gas, gear, etc. it is definitely very heavy..

The weight is why I am looking for another and lighter boat. Hope to find one with a drain plug to keep the rain water out or at reduce my rain guage.

Cool setup for sure.
find a Sportcat..their 10' weighs 145#, no center hump, double cat hull with a drain plug.
My 13' Sportcat is so much better than the 13' Whaler I owned at one time in every way.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
Bellingham area. Seems to good to be true.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Bellingham area. Seems to good to be true.
Yeah, common scam this time of year. I've been reporting them a lot. Like @ffb notes, you'll almost always see the same listing a dozen times if you click on "seller details" and scroll to their other listings.

RCF

Life of the Party
Probably same scammer on CL that advertises TGTBT boats. All boats are located/stored out of state and have been packaged and at shipper ready to ship. Pay now and they will deliver to you. Yah, right.....

Last edited:

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
Yeah, common scam this time of year. I've been reporting them a lot. Like @ffb notes, you'll almost always see the same listing a dozen times if you click on "seller details" and scroll to their other listings.
Illegible boat numbers, or no boat number, almost always indicates a scam. Almost got me a couple years ago. But not quite.