The Ark Swap - my first fly swap on this site

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I'm not going to join, but just for fun, wanted to see if I could get this proven pattern down to 2 min. Getting it down to 2 materials was easy (bucktail and titan dubbing), but the fastest I could tie it is about 3 minutes with the various stacks of bucktails to give it both the buoyancy and the bulk I want so that I know it'll give me a nice jerk bait like action. You folks have fun with this swap!

PXL_20230212_025530182~2.jpg

Edit:
Ah fuck it, I'll play.

I shall call this: Thisizdashit

A nice little small mouth pattern.

Actually, how about this, since I really don't want any more trout flies. I'll send you one of these bad boys for each person & you can distribute?

Last edited:

WWKimba

Smolt
Did our new friend just do a drive by?
Nope! Besides, the way I drive I'd be a "run into!". I have a little drinking buddy that just turned one and he's been sick. His grandfather is my sig other's brother. He and his wife both work and got this little guy at 2 1/2 months with 2 broken legs, 3 broken ribs and fluid around c3/c4 and these injuries were NOT from a fall or accident! Since I'm retired (and was in charge of first aid/CPR and the Home Day Care course training for the Red Cross here in Syracuse for 10+ years) they call on me for help from time to time. I'll be catching up by tomorrow/Thursday at the latest. I'll be the one wearing the pink carnation so you'll all still recognize me! Thanks for your patience!

Kim

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Nope! Besides, the way I drive I'd be a "run into!". I have a little drinking buddy that just turned one and he's been sick. His grandfather is my sig other's brother. He and his wife both work and got this little guy at 2 1/2 months with 2 broken legs, 3 broken ribs and fluid around c3/c4 and these injuries were NOT from a fall or accident! Since I'm retired (and was in charge of first aid/CPR and the Home Day Care course training for the Red Cross here in Syracuse for 10+ years) they call on me for help from time to time. I'll be catching up by tomorrow/Thursday at the latest. I'll be the one wearing the pink carnation so you'll all still recognize me! Thanks for your patience!

Kim
I can’t imagine someone doing that to a baby. It’s sickening.

Glad you’re there to help them.

Reactions: Zak

WWKimba

Smolt
Registration is open till March 3rd, then flies due by April 3rd. He'll probably check back in close to the end of registration?
Thanks for trying to cover for me, but, I am retired and normally check my fly tying/swaps sites at least once daily. But. as I said, I was called out to take care of my drinking buddy. An update, he had a 105 fever 2 nights ago, started meds yesterday and today he was much nearer normal! Hopefully I'll take care of him tomorrow morn and life will get back to normal for ALL of us!

Kim

WWKimba

Smolt
We now have 9 total in this swap. Thank you all!
I'm not going to join, but just for fun, wanted to see if I could get this proven pattern down to 2 min. Getting it down to 2 materials was easy (bucktail and titan dubbing), but the fastest I could tie it is about 3 minutes with the various stacks of bucktails to give it both the buoyancy and the bulk I want so that I know it'll give me a nice jerk bait like action. You folks have fun with this swap!

View attachment 53704

Edit:
Ah fuck it, I'll play.

I shall call this: Thisizdashit

A nice little small mouth pattern.

Actually, how about this, since I really don't want any more trout flies. I'll send you one of these bad boys for each person & you can distribute?
Don't worry about the "2 minute" part of this swap! All you need do is get out a 2023 calendar and use that as your timing devise! That's how do it;) !

Kim

WWKimba

Smolt
I gotta say that Wayne and Gary have given this swap a fine start! I can't wait to see the rest of the flies coming in!

Kim

WWKimba

Smolt
Today's the 3rd (due date for the flies). I am waiting for 3 more to clear the mails and I'll get them divided and back out to you all. I thank you for your patience,

Kim

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Fingers crossed that the special folks at USPS haven’t misplaced mine as they did a package from garmin. They delivered it to an address that didn’t exist, then threw up their arms and say they can’t do anything because it’s been delivered.

WWKimba

Smolt
Those darn aliens!:eek: What happens now? I'm sorry that you have this problem. I usually bring fresh apples for the ponies! :rolleyes:

Just let me know what you decide about the swap.

Kim

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Those darn aliens!:eek: What happens now? I'm sorry that you have this problem. I usually bring fresh apples for the ponies! :rolleyes:

Just let me know what you decide about the swap.

Kim
Oh, I shipped them out Friday. They should have been to you today…or so the person at the counter said.
59D6A5BE-6121-45DE-8AFD-6814162A5027.jpeg

WWKimba

Smolt
I've got info from the 3 tyers whose work I haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet. All will get their flies in the mail my no later than Monday, April 10th. I want to thank you for your patience and I'll turn those flies around and get them out in the mail to you all. From the patterns so far this is a nice swap!

When I drop the flies in the mail to you I will post it here and note the USPS tracking # on a PM to each of you.

Kim

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
@WWKimba Did you happen to take any photos of the flies all together? Would be fun to see them as we wait.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
the anticipation is killing me! just kidding....but I AM looking forward to seeing what everyone put together.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
the anticipation is killing me! just kidding....but I AM looking forward to seeing what everyone put together.
Prepare to be underwhelmed 😆 with mine anyways

It may or may not have extra lead wraps though, it will get down.