Taking down animals

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
My dad beat up a rooster that attacked me when I was little.
Mom tells a story of me coming home after I got attacked by the neighbors chickens and geese. I don't recall, but I'm getting my revenge at the tying bench. I'll trap a mouse, but I ain't messin' 'round with wild animals.
Seen my DOL pound on a 'possum with a shovel, then beat the babies when they came out. Farm girls got some attitude.

Last edited:

Sir Homey

Steelhead
I got attacked by a large domesticated turkey once. Damn thing waited until my back was turned and got airborne, its wicked spurs ready to strike. Luckily someone saw the devilish back door attack and shouted a warning. I executed a perfect forward roll to dodge the attempted assassination and came up swinging. The rest is barnyard legend.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My dad beat up a rooster that attacked me when I was little.

I watched a guy named Buck throw a deer that attacked his son. I tried to meditate as the deer was an orphaned pet. It was a sad day as we knew that it was time for our ungulate friend to leave the farm. The next hunting season there was no spray painted "pet" on the side of our friend. I can only imagine the tale told of an attack deer that was "coming right at me" told at the bar the night it happened. I only imagined for about five years as I actually got to hear the tale first hand. I never revealed the situation.

Reactions: Zak

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Years ago when I was in the Cayman Island, I visited a turtle farm. One of the guys working there let me pick up a decent sized one. Pretty impressive power with all its legs flapping like it was swimming in air…..
SF

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I forgot about this, a few years ago I got pinned on the far side of a stream against a blackberry covered bank by some goats doing vegetation removal. Quite intimidating.

Clean Willy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I don't know what I could take down but I definitely know what I could not.

Walked out of a bathroom in Deception Pass State Park and there was a guy about 20 feet away with an enormous pit bull on a leash. Thankfully the guy was strong because that dog wanted me bad. If he had let go that dog would have f'd me up. Then he says 'she's just excited'. I said 'no shit!'