Taking down animals

Knew a guy who claimed he could beat up a large male Buffalo. I figured no way that could be true!! You never know tho I guess.

But rather than call him out, I leverudged his remark for my own GAIN!!!! I acted like his claim was normal and said "that's average! I can BEAT UP A ANGRY MALE LION!!". He was intimidated after that!!!!

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Worried you can't outrun a turtle... ?
At one time, we had a pet horned toad and a tortoise from the desert. We made the mistake of putting them in the same pen. The tortoise approached the horned toad, at a tortoise’s pace mind you, and the horned toad would speed off when the tortoise got too close. After about an hour or two of this back n forth, the tortoise had the horned toad by the side, in its mouth, pinned in the corner.

I’ll let ya draw your own conclusions, but my instincts tell me…the stories have merit. 😳😉😁

Last edited:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I used to encounter copperheads on a regular basis. The heel of solid work boot is something they have no defense for.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Those snappers are the real deal.
I was fishing a smaller creek in Minnesota and saw two of them fighting or spawning, I’m not sure what they were doing but they were going at it.
Shortly afterwards I hear some noice and this one is climbing over the rocks towards me. I almost needed Travers……
I’m very happy we don’t have them here.
Be afraid, Brian. Be very afraid.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I prefer to use other methods and not have to put my hands on them.

Squirrel nuts.gif
That's just nuts!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Be afraid, Brian. Be very afraid.

Damn Jim!!!!!!!
On the bright side, now that they are here maybe WDFW will start managing them into extinction. :ROFLMAO:
SF

Last edited:

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
A man named Mas Oyama used to actually fight bulls to demonstrate his martial arts skills. He fought 52 bulls and killed three of them. The old videos are interesting.

Chadk

Life of the Party
Turtles are actually quite fast. They would beat any of us in a short sprint on flat terrain. Tortoises and box turtles are pretty slow. But my 60lb sulcata tortoise used to sneak up on me while working in the yard...and once it was within a foot or 2, would try and ram me. It could move quicker than you might think. Those videos of tortoises helping the other tortoises up - BS. They first rammed it to knock it over, then keep ramming it and sometimes put it back upright....

Last fall I played chicken with a big black bear. I was leaving my deer blind in the evening, spotted him heading my way 50 yards away. Somehow he didn't see or smell me yet. I didn't have a tag. So I just walked straight at it waiting for the moment it spotted me (had a .270 ready if needed, but was 99% sure it was a non issue), and she enough, at about 30 yards he froze, paused for about 3 seconds, then bolted off the trail so fast I could eventually hear it crashing through brush over a hundred yards away.

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
View attachment 104980

Not the best picture because he was pretty upset but I did get my lure back. I would never fight a turtle.
I lived near Chesapeake Bay and we would pull these guys up in crab traps on occasion, which would send all us bare foot kids scurrying up the pilings. From 4 feet away you are fine, closer than that these guys can move quick. I saw a medium size one hiss and then snap, biting a crab net handle off. Whoa!

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Holy shit...
And before Instagram, so the dude was serious and not just looking for clicks.
😅

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Spoiler Alert !!!! Graphic bullfight shot below

is the real deal-not photoshopped.

Sometimes turnaround is fair play

The bull kindly and VERY luckily withdrew his horn from the guy's mouth/chin Submental quickly. That is lucky if you were rooting for the the man, and not the beast.

Bullfighter "full" recovery in 10 weeks. The slo-mo video is not recommended

JULIO-APARICIO-GORED.jpg

Last edited:

Dragon Mo

Keep Calm - Drink More Whisky
Forum Supporter
I used to fish the streams in the Dark Divide in the Gifford Pinchot. Best Bigfoot territory in Washington. I know whats out there. I could take Bigfoot, no problemo, any time , any day...
But not his daughter, oh no no no no, not his daughter! No no no no no...

That's why in the DARK DIVIDE if you're driving thru at night, you see lots of groups camping on the road and having big raging bonfires in the road. They know they're being watched thru the woods!! Maintaining an intimidating presence is crucial, especially as it gets into the 2am-4am hours.

Dragon Mo

Keep Calm - Drink More Whisky
Forum Supporter
You ain't seen no heavier Bigfoot activity than Bigfoot's lonely daughter, especially when you're wearing a brown hat, brown vest, and neoprenes... I ran as fast as I could, lept over three foot fallen timber, climbed the tallest tree I could find. Did you know Bigfoots can climb trees? Oh, the humanity...