Spey Bros

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I don't think I ever ran into a SpeyBro on the Thompson. Everything we did up there was practical and posers were quickly weeded out. I remember leaving the back window down on my old Isuzu Rodeo and the dude in the passengers seat always had a couple reels in his lap as we traveled from run to run. No style points, just getting there without breaking anything. Damn, thinking about that river makes me sad. :(
IMG_3780.jpeg

Pescaphile

Steelhead
I miss that old bridge. Two days in a row I ended up underneath it to land steelhead that had grabbed my grease liner nearly 1/4 mile upstream in the grease hole. They both took at the same time (noon) from the same spot in the run. I've been fortunate to fish steelhead all over in BC, WA, OR, ID and AK and had some really great days, but there's no place I've ever seen like the Big T. Memories.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
A Spey Bro is simply someone that is unable to see the big picture yet. They will get there! Atleast I hope. There is absolutely nothing "cool" about steelhead fishing. The types of clothing we wear. If you have ever gone to Reds and put on those booties and walked around, you sir are not cool. Even a rockstar fishing is NOT COOL. Case in point.
ROCKSTAR doing rockstar things = "cool"
1713506245523.png
ROCKSTAR not doing rockstar things is "NOT" cool.
1713506303313.png
I have accepted my not coolness. Those Speybros will grow out of this phase. In 10 years they will be salty assholes pulling plugs on the Cowlitz not giving any shits.

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I don't care if it's photo-shopped; Eric Clapton 'glory shotting' an Atlantic Salmon is one of the best things I've seen this year.