Show me your bass

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
A double🙂 the bigger one on a size 10 dry muddler and the baby on the size 12 wooly worm dropped off the bend of the muddler.
View attachment 68214
Bass are funny. Would not have been surprised to hear the big fish was hooked via swallowing the smaller fish on the retrieve. But instead caught on a little muddler.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Bass are funny. Would not have been surprised to hear the big fish was hooked via swallowing the smaller fish on the retrieve. But instead caught on a little muddler.
The bigger bass hit the muddler as soon as it touched the water. I can't tell if the little bass took the nymph at the same time, or while the bigger bass was dragging it around underwater.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
The bigger bass hit the muddler as soon as it touched the water. I can't tell if the little bass took the nymph at the same time, or while the bigger bass was dragging it around underwater.
I like to think of it as a mom and kid and the kid said “fuck this mom, you ain’t dying alone”

Reactions: Zak

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Spent a couple of evenings catching spunky river SM with Ive up in his gorgeous corner of WA
20230606_204350.jpg
20230607_203803.jpg
And hit a Seeps lake on the drive home for several smallies and a surprise 18" LM that towed my hobie around a bit. I relieved him of a very large worm hook upper lip decoration as well as my stealth bomber
20230609_151259.jpg

The bluegill colored popper fooled a nice one
20230531_231610.jpg
20230609_132017.jpg

Attachments

• 20230609_151259.jpg
    20230609_151259.jpg
    674.8 KB · Views: 7

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I’ve been wanting one of those little boats for a while now! How are you liking it? They seem so versatile.
I like it a lot. I've gotta get it fully set up for tigers but it's going to suit my needs perfectly.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not big fish, but some very average GoPro footage showing my cute little local topwater action.
Sorry for all the scratchy sounds. The GoPro is zip-tied to my old, but faithful William Joseph chest pack. While it does a great job of capturing what is in front of me, I'm constantly rubbing it with my hands, fly line and everything else.

Anyway, I used to consistently catch 16-19" bass out of this lake 5 or 6 years ago. And I missed a few 4 or 5 pounders. I think the catch and eat crowd really expanded during Covid. At least in my area here in SE King Co. Not sure if anyone else has noticed that.
There are lots of fat healthy 10-12" fish, but I just don't catch (or even see or hear of) bigger fish in this one anymore. That 14" in the first video is the biggest one I've caught from this lake this year.
A lady that usually shows up at dusk fishing worms under a glowing bobber, from the parking lot, caught like a 8 lber about 5 years ago! She keeps everything she catches (even 3" pumpkinseeds) as I think it's probably her main food source. I don't think she's homeless, but she's definitely struggling.

Both of these were on my 2/0 bass gurgler. The first one got really hung up on the last pad possible (of course) so I swung around to kick for the rescue, but he came untangled and then literally jumped in the net. Nothin but net!

It was a gorgeous night and reminded me how lucky we are here in the PNW. I caught a dozen spunky little bass and nearly all fought bigger than their weight.

Cheers,
Stacy